General Description of the Organization:
Orange is a non-governmental civil society organization devoted to alleviating the suffering and improving the sustainability mechanisms of the conflict-affected population.
Orange partners directly with the affected populations delivering humanitarian and development programmes, Livelihood, Education, and Protection, to enable them to improve their living practices and their sustainability mechanisms.
Orange also collaborates with national and international non-governmental organizations, local initiatives responding to the humanitarian Syrian crisis with capacity development programmes, to be better equipped with the skills they need to prepare and respond to affected population’s needs and to ensure that these communities, which we work within, are ready for any future disasters.
On 8th February 2023, Orange initiated an emergency response in both Syria and Türkiye, targeting the affected communities by the earthquake disaster through the delivery of life-saving aids, ready-to-eat food items, winterization items, non-foodie items, hygiene materials, and PSS and education services. Accordingly, Orange calls for new employees under the education and child safeguarding program since these sectors are severely affected by this catastrophe, we plan to respond to the impacted children through integrated education and protection services which ensure a quick and healthy recovery.
This is an urgent call to join the efforts of Orange to deliver education, child protection, and MHPSS interventions to the most affected population by the earthquake disaster. This call prioritizes applicants who have a physical presence in the targeted locations.
This position is based in Syria in one of the following areas with expected weekly visits to the other selected locations (Azaz – Afrin – Jarablus and their suburbs).
The Field Protection Coordinator reports to the Child Protection & MHPSS Specialist in Turkey. The Field Protection Coordinator will directly lead the technical protection teams with the support of project officers.
Duties, Objectives, and Competencies:
- Facilitate results-based child protection programming through a consultative process with case workers, MHPSS outreach workers, and PSS Facilitators.
- Lead and coordinate protection interventions in coordination with the line manager (Child Protection & MHPSS Specialist)
- Create and design recreational activities, including PSS-focused activities for both children and parents.
- Supervise case management pathways technically.
- Maintain up-to-date services mapping in the areas of intervention.
- Design and lead the implementation of awareness sessions, including (PSEA, CP, MHPSS, and other types of sessions).
- Provide technical support to all protection teams in the field through workshops, training, instruction, and remote support.
- Ensure that Child protection is mainstreamed, and all staff members are informed on the Child safeguarding policy.
- Supervise and mentor staff implementing CP activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Protection, or relevant field of study.
- At least 3 years of NGO work experience or leading LNGO with increasing responsibility.
- Excellent proven 2 years of technical experience and knowledge in the protection field.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to coordinate with multiple parties and external stakeholders.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Development Studies, Child Protection, Education, or social science, etc.
- Knowledge of humanitarian principles and standards, particularly child protection and safeguarding.
- Arabic language skills is a must.
- Turkish or English language skills is desired.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Familiarity with the geographical context of the areas of implementation.
- Excellent computer skills.
Orange’s Values and Principles:
We believe that:
- Maintaining a positive, healthy, and trusting relationship is central to making partnership a success.
- Appropriately trained and resourced staff and volunteers are key to effective and efficient service and program delivery in the development sector.
We are committed to:
- Shared responsibility, accountability, and decision-making in any partnership.
- Providing access to high quality learning to empower people and professionals in the development sector, particularly in the developing world.
- Learning from each other to strengthen and enhance the long-term sustainability of our services and programs for the benefit of children and communities that we serve.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
Orange aims to create an organization that is safe for children but is also aware of the need to keep child protection concerns proportionate and to guard against over-zealous attitudes. Child abuse thrives in closed and secretive atmospheres. Orange’s best protection is to create an open and aware culture where people are not afraid to speak about their concerns.
Any employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of Orange capacity building must sign the Child Safeguarding – Declaration of Acceptance Form and comply with the Orange Child Safeguarding Policy which is a statement of Orange commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.
How to apply
• Kindly submit your application through this link: https://apps.orange.ngo/jobs/apply/073f8403-6315-4713-a70a-9e1668fba63d
• Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not have heard from us within two weeks after the application deadline, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.
•The position is to be filled ASAP.
Deadline: 20 Mar 2023