Danish Refugee Council
Are you ready to pursue an exciting opportunity with a progressive humanitarian organisation in a senior management role? Would you thrive working in one of the world’s most challenging humanitarian regions, the Middle East?
Who are we?
Danish Refugee Council is a leading humanitarian agency pursuing our mandate to protect and promote durable solutions to displacement-affected populations based on humanitarian principles. DRC applies a regional approach with operational presence in Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Turkey & Yemen with a Middle East Regional Office (MERO) based in Amman, Jordan, which has 30 staff. Overall in the region DRC Middle East has more than 1,800 staff and an operating budget of USD 120 million.
About the job
The Administration Officer is responsible for the administrative functions of the Regional office under the supervision of Regional HR & Admin Manager. This includes, but is not limited to assistance to regional office and consortiums hosted by the DRC regional office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Confirm that all administrative expenses for office and guest houses (utilities, telephone, internet, diesel etc) are done through the respective procurement policies and set of required paperwork
- Travel booking, managing travel expenses, Hotel booking and expense booking
- Welcome and greet visitors to the DRC office, and direct them accordingly or escort them to specific destinations
- Receive and send official correspondence and maintain record for it
- Attend and receive phone calls to DRC office
- To organize meetings/events/trainings and regional workshop when requested
- Arrange Transportation when requested
- Ordering office supplies, stationary for the office and arrange for business cards for staff as required
- Support in filing and organization of all DRC contracts and archives (staff, commercial, maintenance, and rental)
- Support HR team at the request of the Regional HR & Admin Manager
- Update, distribute and collect monthly time sheet from regional office team
- Fixed asset management for guest houses, ensuring that all assets old and new are properly recorded and tagged and performing the physical asset check
- Daily supervision of the office cleaner and ensure office is clean
- Assist in the maintenance of office equipment
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- Minimum (2) years of Administration experience with INGOs or NGOs
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and in writing
- Excellent inter-personal skills and proven ability to negotiate with a wide range of people (internally and externally)
- Ability to adapt to the complex and stressful working conditions of the area of operations
- High-level knowledge and practice with Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Ability/willingness to work with extremely tight deadlines and multiple tasks
- Knowledge in working on ERP system
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or extensive experience can substitute qualification
- English (Excellent)
- Arabic (fluent)
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: (12) months
Start date: October 16th, 2022
Duty station: Amman
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates or Nationals. This position will be placed at Non-Management (H) band.
How to apply
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: September 29th, 2022 COB
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.