CIMA Research Foundation
CIMA Research Foundation (www.cimafoundation.org, Savona, Liguria, Italy) is a non-profit research organization that promotes the study, scientific research, technological development and higher education in engineering and environmental sciences. The main interests are in the fields of civil protection, risk reduction, climate change impact, public health and aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems conservation.
CIMA is looking for motivated researchers to strength its Program in the field of “Meteorology and Climatology Modelling”. The Program includes research and applied-research projects funded by national (Italian) or international organizations and supports the operative activities of different national and international institutions.
The desired candidates should work in pursuing different of the following objectives within the Program:
• run atmospheric models for meteorological or climatological applications;
• analyse the data output;
• write internal/external reports;
• publish research outcomes in peer-reviewed journals.
The ideal candidates should have the following characteristics:
• a degree or a Ph.D. in Atmospherics Physics, Computational Fluid Dynamics or related topics;
• experience in the usage of NWP modelling systems (WRF, COSMO, ICON);
• experience in managing and visualising grib and nc files;
• experience in atmospheric modelling and meteorological/climatological data analysis;
• knowledge of programming languages (e.g. Python, Matlab, R, Fortran, GO, NCL);
• experience in the usage of high-performance computing and cloud computing facilities;
• experience in shell scripting;
• good knowledge of English;
• willingness to travel abroad.
Further desirable assets could refer to:
• experience in models validation;
• some experience in deep learning and machine learning;
• communication skills (spoken, written and presentation);
• some experience in the management and implementation of technical projects.
• an interesting job in a young interdisciplinary and fast-growing research foundation;
• the opportunity for professional growth and know-how acquisition;
• the opportunity to work in a motivated and enterprising team;
• the opportunity to work in international projects;
• state-of-the-art technical facilities.
How to apply
The deadline is Friday 30 September 2022 time 00:00 CEST.
The candidates, after CV evaluation, will be contacted for an interview. Based on the interview outcomes, a proposal for a position within CIMA will be made to the candidates. The proposed compensation will commensurate with experience: factors such as demonstrated hard and soft skills, level of education, history in the sector, and relevant work experience will all be evaluated. The target start date is as soon as possible.