Secours Islamique France
Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intends to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
Secours islamique France is looking for an Administrative coordinator for it’s mission based in Erbil, Iraq.
Prolonged displacement, political uncertainty, and insecurity are creating growing humanitarian needs in Iraq.
The rate of chronic malnutrition among children is very high and the lack of resources greatly increases the likelihood that children will drop out of school to pursue livelihoods. In Erbil, SIF is providing financial support to 200 vulnerable orphans to improve their access to education.
Finally, 120 vulnerable people in the Salah al-Din governorate received training and benefited from training and grants to support the creation of small and 40 others were coached in piloting savings groups to revive savings groups to revitalize their resilience.
The Administration Coordinator is an expert in administrative and/or financial and/or human resources management and will be in charge of a management team.
Your main responsabilities are the following( evolving and non enxhaustive list):
- Contribute to the elaboration of the mission’s operational strategy: context analysis and its evolution, elaboration of problem trees and proposed solutions, needs assessments analysis, proposal of new actions, budgeting and HR dimensioning
- Ensure the correct parameters of the accounting software
- Authorize the payment of mission’s expenditures according to the SIF procedures.
- Edit, check and communicate the monthly budgetary follow-up (projection included) to the Coordination Team, to question the relevance, alert and support the coordinators
- Supervise the recruitment of the administrative staff members: elaborate and correct tests, prepare and conduct technical and managerial interviews
- Manage the administrative teams: briefing, planning, follow-up, management, performance interview, technical capacity buildings, etc
- Ensure security measures are respected.
- Elaborate monthly administration, financial and HR reports for the Head of Mission
- 3-5 years of experience in humanitarian affairs, as Administrative coordinator with INGOs in similar context.
- Substantial experience of strategic thinking, including identifying, analyzing, problem solving and responding to opportunities and challenges and the ability to translate these into practical plans of action.
- Evidence of understanding the challenges of donor and contract management and the implications for program management.
- Strong leadership skills and a supportive management style (experience managing national and expatriate staff)
- Strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English (and desirably Arabic)
- Ability to understand the cultural and political environment and to work well with partners including local authorities.
- Experience of working in an insecure environment with responsibility for security planning, monitoring and management
- Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office, especially Word and Excel, and SAGA.
- An understanding of and commitment to SIF’s mission and values
- 6 months, full time, renewable
- Contract start date: ASAP
- Remuneration according to profile
- Per Diem,
- Health insurance – 60% covered by SIF
- Rapatriztion/liablity insurance – 100% covered by SIF
- Break allowance during the 3 and 9 month breaks
- Airfare to and from the mission location to home paid by SIF at 6 and 12 month
SIF commits to:
At SIF, we consider diversity as a wealth. Every applications fitting the job description will be thoroughly evaluated.
SIF reserves the right to check the criminal records according with the current law.
SIF respects the humanitarian principle of “Do no harm” and ensures child security as a primary consideration.
SIF practices a policy of zero tolerance toward every type of fraud, corruption, moral harassment, abuse or any type of violence, more broadly every type of offense to the legislation, regulation and code of conduct.
SIF rallies its personnel in the promotion, diffusion and respect of its chart’s principles.
You fit this profile and support our commitment?
Join our solidarity chain by applying to this job offer!
How to apply
Closing date: 31-Oct-22