Norwegian Refugee Council
The Norwegian Refugee Council has been present in Ukraine since 2014, helping more than 700,000 people with Food, Shelter, Water, Sanitation and Legal assistance. Following the escalation of conflict since 24 February 2022, NRC is scaling up its efforts inside Ukraine and in neighbouring countries to provide aid to tens of thousands people forced to flee. NRC has launched a humanitarian response plan for the next six months to support 800,000 people inside Ukraine and neighbouring countries. We respond, largely through local partners, through an integrated approach combining our sectoral areas of expertise such as Education, Protection, Legal aid (ICLA) and Shelter. NRC is operational in Ukraine and is also in the process of setting up country operations in Poland and Romania and Moldova and potentially other countries subject to regional context developments. To support the regional response in the best way, NRC is in the process of setting up a Regional Office (Central and Eastern Europe Regional Office- CEERO) based out of Waraw, Poland. This will ensure a centralised structure in proximity to the crisis and provide a coordinated support and management to the country operations.
About the Position
The purpose of the Regional Finance Controller position is to provide technical support to Country Offices(COs) in finance related matters such as, but not limited to:
- implementation of financial policies and procedures,
- budgeting, financial reporting and forecasting
- capacity building of NRC staff in CEERO region
- acting as the point of contact for all or designated Finance Managers in the region.
In addition, as the Regional Finance Controller, you will also on behalf of the Regional Head of Finance perform quality and compliance control. Some of your specific responsibilities will include:-
- Ensuring that budgeting, accounting, year-end procedures, auditing, and other financial processes and internal controls are in place and adhere to the Financial Handbook, the Annual Budgeting and Planning Instructions, other NRC policies, and donor and auditor requirements.
- Enforcing the standardization of NRC tools and procedures across all countries and support Finance Managers country offices in the use of NRC systems and tools.
- Participating in the development of guidelines to establish adequate context specific internal control systems that abide by NRC and donor regulations.
- Participating in the elaboration of guidelines that develop NRC internal financial control systems that can be applied in all countries.
- Ensuring CO’s finance unit in all countries are adequately staffed, and structural strengths and weaknesses are dully and timely identified.
- Ensuring that finance trainings are conducted for finance and non-finance staff in all countries
- Ensuring that best practices are identified, documented and disseminated both within the region and beyond
What You will bring
- Minimum 3 years of experience as Finance Manager, Advisor, Expert or similar positions in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Ability to travel and work in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context related skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of the context in Central and Eastern Europe
- Knowledge of languages in the region is an advantage
- Knowledge of the countries supported by the region is an advantage
- Knowledge of working with local partners is an advantage.
- Knowledge of NRC policies and procedures is an advantage
- Achieving quality results
- Communicating information effectively, with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environments
- Interpersonal skills, building collaborative relationships
- Analytical and facilitation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize multiple demands
Find more details about the position JD Regional Finance Controller CEERO (1).docx
Publication closing on 30th September 2022
What We Offer
- 12 months contract
- Grade 9 in NRC’s grade structure
- An opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause
- A chance to meet and work with people who are the best in their fields
Internal candidates are encouraged to apply but we are also open to external applicants who can show a commitment to NRC and being part of a challenging, but important mission to make a difference.
To apply as an internal candidate, click on the suitcase icon “I am an employee” on the top right of the page to be redirected to NRC’s internal career site
**Apply by completing all the system required fields of your experience in your application**
How to apply
Closing date: 30-Sep-22