The Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT
The Alliance of Bioversity International and the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) delivers research-based solutions that harness agricultural biodiversity and sustainably transform food systems to improve people’s lives. Alliance solutions address the global crises of malnutrition, climate change, biodiversity loss, and environmental degradation.
With novel partnerships, the Alliance generates evidence and mainstreams innovations to transform food systems and landscapes so that they sustain the planet, drive prosperity, and nourish people in a climate crisis.
The Alliance is part of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food-secure future.
About the position
Based at the Alliance Headquarters in Rome, Italy. Under the supervision of the Director for Technology Integration (TI), the Analyst will be responsible for supporting the administrative processes required for the correct functioning of the TI Department, applying the defined standards and procedures, and ensuring the correct administration of assigned resources through the budgetary review and analysis.
The specific tasks of the position include the following:
Support the different TI Units with:
- Travel arrangements
- Hiring of personnel (RFP creation)
- Liaising with external providers
Evaluate requisitions on technological equipment for other Departments/Units
Coordinate the Alliance Staff IT clearance process
Perform budgetary review and analysis
Maintain, update, and revise the TI cost recovery model
Be the point of contact for insurance claims for theft, or loss of technological equipment
Manage corporate Mobile phone services
Support the analysis for upgrade and replacement cycle of equipment
Coordinate internal IT meetings, conferences, as well as events
Provide suggestions for the revision of policies
Manage or contribute to specific innovation activities or projects as per global IT Strategy
Perform any other related tasks as required and assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related fields
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Working knowledge of the Italian language
- Previous relevant work experience, preferably in an international organization
- Sound knowledge of computer information systems including operating systems, hardware, applications software packages, and other office technology equipment
- Strong client orientation and service approach
- Well-developed skills in personal organization, priority setting, and problem-solving
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively with other national and cultural backgrounds
- Flexibility and adaptability to work under tight deadlines
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence within assigned areas
Terms of employment
This is a locally recruited position and it be based at the Alliance Headquarters in Rome, Italy. All benefits are denominated and paid in Euro. The salary is level BG06, on a scale of 14 levels, with level BG14 being the highest. The salary range starts from Euro 38,810 per annum. The remuneration package includes a competitive salary, leave provisions, medical and life insurance, and a non-contributory retirement plan. The contract will be for a period of 2 years, subject to a probationary period of 6 months, and is renewable based on performance and availability of funds. Please note this position is only open to citizens and residents of the European Union.
How to apply
Please apply online through the website (https://alliancebioversityciat.org/careers) not later than 23rd September 2022, attaching a cover letter illustrating your suitability for the above position against the listed qualifications, competencies, and skills together with a detailed curriculum vitae, including names and contact information of three referees knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. Both documents in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for applications: 23rd September 2022
We invite you to learn more about us at:http://alliancebioversityciat.org
Please visit our careers page at:
Closing date: 9/23/2022