Save the Children
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the Anticipatory Action Officer in Worldwide, any existing SCI location
To provide proactive and comprehensive project management, coordination, communications and overall MEAL support to the Global Anticipatory Action team.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
Monitoring, Evaluation, Evidence and Learning
- Take a proactive role in supporting monitoring of anticipatory action initiatives across regions.
- Maintain global strategy monitoring for anticipatory action and support clarity and communications with relevant stakeholders, including CAFU and Global Strategy team
- Maintain tracking of AA contributions from Humanitarian Fund and related MEAL
- Support to specific AA projects as required
- Take a lead in developing AA learning agenda across Save the Children.
Support to planning, management and implementation of Anticipatory Action workplan and strategy
- Support management and development of the Anticipatory Action global workplan, ensuring tasks and deliverables are allocated owners and that resource needs are clear
- Ensure that deliverables and milestones within the workplan are tracked and achieved and reported against
- Identify potential tools and systems in order to develop a more effective way of working for the group as needed.
- Support effective team meetings, including agenda development and pre-read compilation, take and disseminate timely notes, and track/drive progress against follow up action points.
- Support effective facilitation of meetings to ensure that problems are brought to a conclusion within the allotted time.
- Follow up on specific tasks as assigned
Communications, information and stakeholder engagement
Develop and implement a communications plan for Anticipatory Action
Design and curate SharePoint, OneNet and Workplace pages for the groups, ensuring relevant key documents are easily accessible
Develop case studies and information briefs around anticipatory action to support further information dissemination (including for external use)
Support a shared understanding of group priorities and deliverables across Save the Children including by maintaining clear channels with relevant stakeholder and governance groups.
Arrange and attend regular Anticipatory Action stakeholder information forums/webinars, including pro-actively managing logistics.
Carry out any other duties either in addition to or instead of those outlined above which may reasonably be required from time to time.
Provide a significant degree of flexibility in out of hours support as and when required.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience of managing project activities and following through to ensure progress within agreed timeline, preferably in an international NGO environment.
- Experience in humanitarian settings and ideally supporting
- Keen interest or experience in Anticipatory Action
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders, using sound judgement to effectively prioritise multiple tasks in a constantly changing environment
- Strong planning/anticipation skills. Experience of planning and organising meetings and events, with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to adopt a pro-active approach to problem solving working closely with senior colleagues as required and offering solutions as appropriate.
- Strong written and web-based communications and information management skills; ability to draft and present complex topics for a broad range of stakeholders
- Proven ability to work effectively at a senior level, gaining trust and confidence with stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence others.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, fluent in English
- Ability to draft well-written, professionally presented correspondence.
- The ability to liaise and communicate effectively with a broad range of people at all levels, across different cultures and to act with credibility, discretion, tact and diplomacy.
- Be able to provide a significant degree of flexibility in working hours and availability.
- Thorough – takes pride in delivering high quality work and gives a high level of attention to detail.
- Self- motivated and ability to work autonomously.
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of Save the Children.
We can offer circa £31,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in London or any existing Save the Children International office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work –Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=c3V6eS5tYWxjb2xtLjA4MzU3LjEyMTg1QHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZHJlbmFvLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ
Closing date: 9/22/2022