Save the Children
Title: Area Representative.
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children Somalia Country office wants to hire Area Representative to lead the management and delivery of its programs in Galmudug, Hirshabelle, Southwest, Jubaland and Banadir. The combined portfolio which is delivered through 7 offices (Mogadishu, Baidoa, Kismayo, Beledwey, Adado, Dhobley and Abudwak) and across 4 States and BRA, has been $48 million in 2021 with a potential to grow in 2022.
As a member of the senior management team (SMT), the Area Rep role is critical to STC’s Strategy development and implementation across Somalia. Other key responsibilities for the role include
The management oversight to close to 300 of save the children staff across the 7-field office
To oversee the implementation of yearly $45 million portfolio across the 4 states and BRA; in health, nutrition, wash, education, food security and livelihoods, child protection and child right governance
Externally, the role is responsible for growing networks and relationships with the government (at both levels), donors, UN and the other peer organizations
The Area Rep position is one of the exciting and challenging roles for SCI and is often very rewarding with most former role holders being growing into more senior positions internally and externally. Due to the nature of the work of the Area Rep, the role is reserved for national staff with competencies and skills in leadership, networking, and program management
Qualifications & Experience.
- Minimum of 10 years management experience in a corporate or an NGO environment, in a range of cultures including significant field operations experience, running both emergency and development programs.
- Robust experience of NGO emergency program cycle management, and with experience of working within a complex and matrix organisation structure.
- Indepth understanding of at least two of the sectoral programs and a working knowledge of the program priorities of the Country Office.
- Good understanding of international humanitarian systems, institutions and donors, and of procedures, accountability frameworks and best practices in emergency management.
- Substantial and proven experience and knowledge of effective financial and budgetary control and securing and managing grants from major institutional donors.
- Solid project management skills related to organisational development projects and international, cross- functional teams with a proven history of delivering results.
- Ability to analyse information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically.
- An in-depth understanding of national and international development issues particularly in relation to children.
- Previous experience of managing and developing a team and the ability to lead, motivate and develop others.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours, and work with incoming teams in the event of major emergencies
- Willingness to spend up to 50% of time in visiting field offices security allowing.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights- based approaches.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent. Female qualified candidates are encouraging to apply!
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YW11c2UuMjE4ODkuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcmVuYW8uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t