Save the Children
The Regional Head of Talent and Organizational Development is in charge of all employee talent and organizational development initiatives for Asia. Leading and championing strategies, implementing initiaves, monitoring impact on talent management, employee learning and development, employee wellbeing with a special focus on mental health, Diversity Equity/Inclusion (DEI), building One Culture, and Asia regional capacity building especially in relation to localization.
A. Organizational Development:
1. Asia Regional capacity building
* Identify regional capacity building needs in relation to Asia regional strategy and global startegy
* Develop annual and long term strategic capacity building plan based on needs.
* Implement regional capacity building initiatives that focus on core competencies, technical skills, and humanitarian skills in collaboration with humanitarian department
* Lead cross-departmental collaboration and stakeholder management to streamline and align all capacity building interventions
* Ensure all talent development and capacity building plans are designed and implemented in a way that addresses DEI strategies and resources are secured.
* Ensure that developing national capacity is core for Asia regional capacity building strategy and in line with SCI (Save the Children International) localization/Technical Expert’s capacity development strategy.
2. Building Culture
* Lead all culture initiatives in Asia partnering with the global working group
* Develop and implement programs to foster SCI value based culture practices and behaviours.
* Champion employee engagement survey completion, ensure plans to increase employee engagement and satisfaction based on findings
B. Talent Development:
1.Managing employee onboarding
* Update the regional on boarding program and ensure that all new regional hires are inducted within one month of their start date.
* Ensure all new hires receive online mandatory induction training.
* Manage Country Director Induction program at the regional level.
2.Learning and Development Strategy
* Build the capacity of Regional and Country Offices on embedding Quality standards for Learning and Development, including training needs analysis, annual training calendar, learning support design, employee development and impact assessment
3. Develop to Perform (DtP)
* Ensure all COs and ARO are aligned with ‘Develop to Perform’ (performance management system) approach in a consistent way. Build capacity of CO HR leads, provide clarity and monitor system implementation.
* Share best practices and communicate challenges with SCI head quarter.
* Ensure identified development needs are addressed especially for mission critical roles.
4. Talent Management (Know-Grow-Flow)
* To meet talent management and diversity objectives as laid out in 2022 – 2024 strategy, championing and leading implementation of talent identification and development across Regional and Country Office(CO) SMT (senior management team) in the region.
* Train and advise CO HR, Country Directors and members of regional SMT on talent identification and development processes
* Design and coordinate talent and successor development initiatives across the region (including secondments, exchanges, work shadowing, temporary deployments and Accelerated Coaching Programmes)
* Co-ordinate and monitor development opportunities for identified promotable talents
* Establish metrics and systematic quarterly and annual reporting on talent initiatives by Regional and Country Offices in the region
5. Leadership and management development
* Lead the provision of good quality and appropriate learning, training and development for agreed management groups, including current learning and development programmes such as Managing for High Performance, Leading for high performance and Leadership Development Programme
* Develop and implement one Learning and Development calendar for Asia region.
* Work as a Trainer in leadership & management development program.
6. Global Learning and Development Collaboration
* Be a trusted partner of the Global Talent Development Director, Regional HR Director, Regional SMT, and country HR leads on all local L&D matters to ensure the organisation’s goals and business objectives are met
* Provide input and thought leadership for the development of new Save the Children learning and development programmes and procedures
* Work on identified projects for SCI or Save the Children as a key member of the shared Learning and Development team.
* Share any regional best practices with stakeholders.
C. Employee mental health & wellbeing
* Ensure that the stall wellbeing minimum standards are in place
* Design and implement initiatives to advocate wellbeing and mental health
* Address special needs during COVID-19 pandemic period
D. Networking and stakeholder management
* Actively network with other agencies/ institutions working in Asia to share best practices with a view to benchmark, add onto the knowledge base of SCI, and the wider network.
* Ready to travel to country offices and to any humanitarian response sites in Asia as and when needed.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
Closing Date for Application: 25 Apr 2022
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=dHplbGVlLmNoaW4uNzIwMzAuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcmVuYW8uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t