Period: 6 months
Starting Date: ASAP
Aim of the position: The Area Team Leader assistant is responsible, under the supervision of the Area Team Leader, for coordinating the implementation of AVSI’s projects in Ukraine.
He/she is also responsible for developing the presence of AVSI in the Country.
He/she will support the programmes department in supervising activities, ensuring quality in line with AVSI’s vision, mission, method, and values toward beneficiaries, AVSI staff, partner, and all stakeholder involved in the project.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
• To ensure the registration of AVSI Foundation in Ukraine
• Under the supervision of the Area Team Leader, to manage and to supervise projects and timely implementation according to financial and programmatic frame;
• Under the supervision of the Area Team Leader, to supervise program budgets and to evaluate financial programs effectiveness
• To contribute to AVSI Ukraine business development
• To build and/or improve systems to supervise and manage the design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of the program;
• To liaise with the donor for project implementation related
• To prepare internal reporting to Humanitarian Coordinator
· To manage local staff team;
· Under the supervision of the Area Team Leader, to supervise and to monitor finance, administration and logistics teams;
· Under the supervision of the Area Team Leader, to manage and to supervise AVSI’s programs and their timely implementation according to financial and programmatic frame;
· To facilitate program development, through conceptualization, design, proposal and program initiation;
· Under the supervision of the Security Manager, to monitor security situation in the region and to oversee implementation of AVSI security procedures;
· To demonstrate vision and leadership in building a coherent strategic direction for the area, in line with AVSI overall strategy;
· To liaise with all external stakeholders: donors, partners, the government, including local authorities, and communities;
· To act as a catalyst with all stakeholders in order to coordinate existing and new programs;
· To facilitate needs assessment;
· To develop project/proposal;
- To ensure external reporting requirements for projects are met.
Education: University degree, preferably in a topic related to project management or international development; a Master on Humanitarian Studies is an asset.
Work experience: At least 5/7 years of professional experience in humanitarian / emergency contexts.
Required skills and experiences:
Solid leadership and staff management skills, with a record of managing large, diverse teams and contributing to the capacity building to national and international staff
Familiarity with the conflicts settings
Strong internal and external coordination and representation skills
Strong capacity to work under-pressure
Strong facilitation skills
Strong clear and transparent communication skills and cross cultural sensitivity
Willingness to travel within the country
Language Proficiency: Fluent in Ukraine and English oral and written (mandatory) . The knoledge of italian is a plus.
1st : Area Team Leader
2nd : Humanitarian Coordinator
How to apply
Send your CV by email to [email protected]
Please, specify in the subject of the mail the code: “01-AVSI-LVIV”
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.