iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
In conjunction with the CFO, executes finance policies and activities. Coordinates with international offices as needed. The Staff Accountant reports directly to the iMMAP Senior Finance Officer. This position is a hybrid role and requires the Staff Accountant in the D.C office 3 days a week.
Essential duties and responsabilities
- Monitor monthly expenditures against award budgets, working closely with program staff to develop monthly projections.
- Review awards: analyze requirements and document and account for financial and administrative requirements requested by each award.
- Manage contract & grant administration function for complex portfolio including Federal Government grants, cooperative agreements, and contracts, cost share agreements, MOUs, foreign and international agency grants and other grants and contracts.
- Generate financial reports in compliance with United States government and other funder regulations and requirements.
- Guide project directors in interpretation of and compliance with award regulations including but not limited to 2 CRF Uniform Guidance 200, FAR, USAID ADS, and AIDAR.
- Manage time sheet and expense report submissions after processing by Finance Assistant and ensure compliance with iMMAP and funder policies and regulations.
- Approve end-of-month vendor invoices for assigned projects after processing by Operations Accountant.
- Manage and process field office cash books and local bank statement reconciliations.
- Prepare Supplemental Accident Insurance monthly report for submission to insurance company.
- Manage and monitor fund transfers to consultants, vendors, and country offices.
- Provide oversight of procurement of goods and services in compliance with funder and internal regulations and procedures.
- Participate in response to auditor requests during annual single audit.
- Manage, process, and reconcile travel advances and liaise with consultants on outstanding issues.
- Review of proper coding and posting of financial transactions by the Operations Accountant.
- Back-up for support of field office/country registrations process.
- Prepare award briefs for externally funded projects for Project Directors.
- Prepare monthly invoicing and drawdowns for specific awards as needed; work with relevant agencies to ensure all receivables have been collected.
- Maintain open and frequent communication with field office Finance Officers, and conduct financial briefings in accordance with iMMAP and funder policies and regulations.
- Conduct field office visits to ensure compliance with iMMAP and funder policies and regulations.
- Provide guidance to iMMAP’s Administrative/Finance Assistant.
- Other finance tasks that may arise.
- A bachelor’s degree (in Business or Accounting a plus) and at least five years’ experience in hands on Finance support is required.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks concurrently, well-organized, and able to work under pressure and meet frequent deadlines. Must have a self-motivating personality and work in a spirit of cooperation to improve office processes and the work environment for the benefit of all.
- Demonstrated reliability regarding attendance and work performance.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and interact with people from diverse background.
- Courteous and professional demeanor with experience providing customer service.
- Experience in organizing and filing information.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow up on tasks to completion.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Flexibility and ability to work in busy environment.
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- French or Arabic skills a plus.
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
In accordance with USCIS regulations, all successful applicants will be required to show proof of their legal right to accept employment in the United States.
How to apply
Please apply through: https://careers.immap.org/jobs/466