Norwegian Refugee Council
We are looking for a national Camp Management Project Manager to join our team in Kabul – Afghanistan. The ideal candidate should have :
- Strong Leadership Skills
- University degree, preferably in social science or related fields;
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a humanitarian/recovery context, and minimum 2 years of experience in a project management position;
- Minimum 2 years of experience and technical expertise in camp management, protection, community outreach/engagement, community capacity building, and/or community-development oriented programming;
- Good understanding of institutional donors’ requirements;
- Native proficiency in Dari and Pashtu both written and oral; Fluency in English, both written and oral
- Knowledge of the context
- Previous experience in establishing community representation structures in camps and camp-like settings;
- Familiarity with the humanitarian coordination system in an IDP responses, including roles and responsibilities of UN OCHA and Cluster lead agencies;
- Experience in training and capacity building of communities and staff;
- Experience in report-writing and dissemination;
The Camp Management projects aims to support impoverished sudden and protracted urban displaced with an integrated approach, using NRC’s UDOC approach to support them towards durable solutions, with a particular emphasis is social cohesion, integrated programming and the creation and maintenance of protective environments, with part of the team doubling as CM emergency response team. The Camp Management projects aims to ensure an adequate and accountable protection and assistance response to these displacement-affected communities by establishing mechanisms Mobile Outreach Teams, establishing Community Centres, establishing and training IDP Community Committees to enhance:
- Communication with Communities, sharing information with and receiving feedback from displaced and vulnerable host communities
- Community Engagement: Participation of affected communities alongside local stakeholders in the humanitarian and development response
- Support to Coordination: Efficient, effective, and inclusive coordination of services (including emergency response) at local level, involving a range of stakeholders (authorities, civil society, NGOs, private sector, beneficiaries, etc.).
Role and responsibilities The Camp Management Project Manager is responsible for the overall planning and implementation of NRC’s Camp Management projects in Central and East region, which includes activities in the field offices. He/she will be responsible for the annual planning and implementation of the project according to donor proposals, budgets, Camp Management Strategy, and the technical advice provided by the country office Programme Management Unit. He/she will ensure that the project staff are sufficiently briefed and trained to use all programme tools and guidelines, and will critically reflect on the progress of implementation to ensure on-going learning and development of the project.
- CM strategy and project proposals: Provide the Area Programme Manager, Area Manager, and CM Specialist with required reports and input for development of CM strategy and project proposals, including feedback on successes and challenges.
- Monitor and enhance technical quality of project implementation through regular field visits to supervise staff on-the-job; provide feedback accordingly and, in collaboration with the Camp Management (CM) Specialist, provide or recommend relevant capacity building of project staff.
- Contribute to the development of Country, Area and Camp Management strategies, initiate and participate in the development of relevant Camp Management projects.
- Develop and manage project budget (in cooperation with CCs) and coordinate across CCs.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills.
- Development of holistic and needs based programmes, including cash-based interventions and marked based programmes.
Specific Responsibilities a. Support to Site-level coordination b. Communication with Communities (CwC) c. Community Engagement and Protection Monitoring d. Implementation of community-led projects and CM cash grants
We encourage you to learn more about this role please click here to access the Detailed Job Description
- Kindly submit your CV and application in English and include your full name as written in your passport.
- Please include all relevant employment history and education when completing your application. Uploaded CV’s will not be considered.
We are also looking for people who share our values:
- To be dedicated in what we do;
- To be innovative with our solutions;
- To act as one unified and inclusive team;
- To be accountable to the donors that make our work possible; the people we exist to serve; and to each other… the members of our NRC family.
- National contract until end of December 2022 (renewable).
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale.
- NRC has medical coverage for staff plus 4 dependents.
- Eid Bonus once per year.
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labour Law.
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis.
Please note this is a national position, only candidates from Afghanistan can be considered. And we encourage Female Candidates to apply.
How to apply
Interested applicants may submit their applications at NRC career page