International Poultry Farming Expert
Cufa is an International Development Agency with a focus on promoting financial inclusion and increasing financial literacy and improving economic livelihoods. Cufa has been developing community access to affordable financial services in the Asia Pacific region for 50 years, working cooperatively at grass-roots through to government levels to create sustainable livelihoods, improve lives, and relieve poverty.
Cufa is seeking an International Poultry Farming Expert to work on a two-year ADB-funded project on “Climate Resilience Capacity Building for Women in Poultry and Fish Farming”. This project is being implemented in Bangladesh and Philippines jointly by Cufa and New Hope Singapore (NHS) Ltd. The overall objective of the project is to contribute to food security by increasing the capacity of female farmers in climate resilient fish and poultry farming practices as well as in financial literacy.
Coordinate with project team and NHS technical lead to develop poultry farming training curriculum and training resources covering the following key topics:
- Work requirements for a poultry farm;
- Brood management (including animal welfare);
- Health management;
- Climate change and poultry farming;
- Preventing climate-related stress in poultry farms; and
- Maintenance of farm equipment, building, and environment (including waste management).
Coach and mentor national key trainer in poultry farming best practices.
Deliver six days’ training of trainers to field trainers/local resource persons on climate resilient poultry farming best practices.
Organize and deliver two pilot training events to female farmers together with national key trainer in poultry farming.
Collect feedback from the participants and prepare the training reports.
Finalize the training curriculum and training resources incorporating feedback from the pilot training events.
Other relevant technical tasks as assigned by Team Leader.
International Poultry Farming Expert Selection Criteria
- Master’s degree, or equivalent, in poultry science, agricultural economics, environmental management, or other related fields. University degree in poultry science, agricultural economics, environmental management, or other related fields, combined with relevant professional experience can be considered.
- Proven experience in integrating climate change adaptive measures with smallholder poultry farmers.
- Proven experience and familiarity with poultry production in Bangladesh and the Philippines, or other leading countries with developing poultry sector would be preferable.
- Prior experience with conducting training program for smallholder farmers in the poultry farming sector is a must.
- Prior experience of working with women farmers is a must.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English; ability to communicate in the relevant local languages would be an advantage.
How to apply
If you can demonstrate that you can fulfil the requirements of the International Poultry Farming Expert, please submit a cover letter with detailed CV and expected daily remuneration to [email protected] using the subject line “**Application for International Poultry Farming Expert**.”
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, applications will be reviewed as they are received and the position may be filled before the closing date: Closing date: 27 May 2022.
Cufa takes the protection of children very seriously and as an organization we expect all staff members to comply with our child protection policy. The successful candidate will need to sign a child protection declaration and undergo referee checks.