International Organization for Migration
As part of its support to the Government of Belgium, IOM assists with the establishment and management of accommodation centres for persons seeking international protection in Belgium. This support spans from the establishment of accommodation centres where needed to the day-to-day operations of the centre.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Centre Manager, the Centre Management Assistant for Accommodation Centres will be, inter-alia, responsible for:
- Establish and strengthen coordination with and amongst all site actors and engage in any other site activities and the daily management of the site, in coordination with all stakeholders
- Ensuring the compliance and alignment with the Mission’s policies and procedures;
- Assist with the smooth implementation of the project;
- Managing a database in compliance with IOM Data Principles;
- Support the Centre Manager in overseeing daily operations and services provided to the residents to ensure that these are carried out in line with relevant standards;
- Report weekly to the Centre Manager on trends and challenges and present solutions that were implemented;
- Escalate any sensitive issues following the appropriate referral pathways, and present a weekly analysis of complaints and feedback received from residents and responses given;
- Direct residents to services they might need;
- Ensure at all times that the Accommodation Centre is a safe protection-sensitive environment and that appropriate referral pathways are respected in case of any harm caused to residents;
- Support the Centre Manager with the management of the Reception and Movements Team;
- Alert the site management teams and the respective technical teams when needs and gaps are identified, share recommendations and help expedite actions by relevant actors to address them in due time;
- Monitor, by means of coordination mechanisms on site, that actors and community representatives act according to contextualized and harmonized Codes of Conduct and PSEA;
- Support overall engagement of site population in educational, recreational and peaceful coexistence activities;
- Monitor and ensure that activities, such as food and NFI provision is in place according to the schedule and the guidelines of the Site;
- Coordinate with the Security and Safety Focal Point in order to carry out different activities (NFIs distribution, Cash distribution) in the Centre in a secure and safely manner;
- Coordinate with the Centre Manager and the Logistics, Warehouse and CBI Manager to assure logistics at the Centre and coordinate repairs;
- Coordinate provisions of equipment needed on site;
- Monitor overall progress, services, and technical issues to ensure that the site is fully operational;
- Ensure that accommodation/hygiene standards are met;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience Education
- Minimum High School Diploma with three years of work experience;
- University degree from an accredited academic institution with two years of related work experience;
- Master’s degree in above fields will be considered an advantage.
Experience and skills
- Minimum two year of relevant work experience;
- Familiar with direct assistance to migrants;
- Experience in working in a multi-cultural environment.
Languages Fluency in English and French/Dutch (oral and written). Working knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications – Questionnaire on Mandatory Requirements (p. 6), CV and Cover Letter – to [email protected] by 17 October 2022 at 23:59 the latest, referring to this advertisement (CFCV 2022-35 Centre Management Assistant).
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this Call for CVs is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable. As part of the mandatory medical entry on duty clearance, candidates will be requested to provide evidence of vaccination against COVID-19.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only persons holding a valid residence and work permit for Belgium will be eligible for consideration.
*Closing date: 18-Oct-22