Refugee Services of Texas
Guided by the principles of human compassion and dignity, Refugee Services of Texas welcomes refugees, immigrants, and other displaced people and supports them in integrating and thriving in their new communities. Through affiliations with Church World Service, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service, and Episcopal Migration Ministries, RST provides services through the United States Refugee Admissions Program.
The RST offices (located in Amarillo, Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, Rio Grande Valley, and San Antonio) provide resettlement services and programs designed for the local communities we serve. In addition to our refugee clients, we are proud to serve survivors of human trafficking, asylees, unaccompanied minors, and other displaced people.
This position may office at any one of our sites located in Amarillo, Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth or Houston at the final candidates preference.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the primary role of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is to serve as RST’s principal adviser to the Board and the organization’s chief strategy, management, and administrative officer. The CEO works with the Board of Directors to define long-term growth goals and strategy for the organization, and provides overall leadership and management to achieve the organization’s mission, goals, and operational objectives. The CEO also serves as the public face of RST to various government and non-governmental agencies, faith-based and community partners, press, and clients, with an aim of raising awareness of the organization, the needs it serves, and its mission, in order to affect policy and garner support.
- Become a standard-setting organization in refugee resettlement with an unwavering commitment to quality programs, positive client experiences, and data-driven outcome evaluation.
- Become a leading advocate for refugee rights and support at regional, state, and national levels.
- Ensure the organization has adequate financial strength, ample resources, and solid, scalable infrastructure to achieve its mission regardless of changing economic and political circumstances.
Leadership & Management
- Ensure programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to senior management; promote teamwork, collaboration, professional development, and growth; act as a role model and lead by example.
- Work with staff to ensure strong financial controls and cash management, contract compliance, proper human resource functions, and systems and procedures to help RST staff operate at a high level of efficiency and effectiveness.
Strategy & Vision
- Lead the organization in the execution and re-evaluation and revision, as necessary, of RSTs Strategic Plan.
- Predict, recognize, and lead the organization’s response to shifts in the external landscape and trends in the field of refugee resettlement.
- Work with the Board of Directors to advance the organizations strategic direction; keep the Board fully informed on internal conditions and important external developments
- Develop trusting relationships with key stakeholders, including partner organizations and potential partner organizations, funding entities, significant donors, and government officials.
- Oversee fundraising and development from significant government and private sector sources.
- Work closely with RSTs media consultant to respond effectively and compellingly to media inquiries, and to proactively promote awareness of the organization and its role and mission
- 7+ years of executive experience; track record of effectively leading an organization with a staff of 75, with specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have achieved stated goals and taken an organization to the next stage of growth
- A passionate, mission-driven and self-directed organizational manager and inspirational leader with demonstrated success motivating staff, maintaining high morale, and promoting teamwork and collaboration
- A highly ethical person, passionate about human rights and equity, and with good cultural knowledge, awareness, and sensitivity and demonstrated skill in cross-cultural competencies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive communicator with excellent interpersonal abilities and experience as a spokesperson both internally and externally
- 3+ years experience as the CEO at a similarly sized or focused organization (~250 employees)
- Experience working at a nonprofit and working collaboratively with a nonprofit Board of Directors
- Extensive working knowledge and experience with federal funding associated with the US refugee resettlement program and ORR programming
- Demonstrated executive level experience managing organizations with operations in multiple cities
- Proven track record of fundraising for nonprofit organizations from a wide variety of sources
- Experience overseeing the financial aspects of an organization, including cash management, budgeting, and financial reporting
- APPLICATIONS WITHOUT COVER LETTERS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
How to apply
Closing date: 30-Nov-22