Action Against Hunger USA
Action Against Hunger Kenya Country Office is looking for Finance and Administration Assistant. The role is a key member of the finance team. He /She will play a pivotal role in supporting the mission in assuring adherence to financial policies, project policies and procedures, regulations, controls, and reporting systems. He/ She will provide accounting and financial analysis capacity support to the Base admins and will ensure the submission of Base financial reports based on internal deadlines. This position entails working with program officers, logistic officers to ensure compliance with all accounting and financial reporting functions. The individual is also responsible for supporting Internal reporting including internal budget monitoring. This position will work collaboratively finance team at the Nairobi office as well as the program team.
The Finance and Administration Assistant role have the following purpose, engagement and delivery:
The role will support in preparation and documentation of the financial transactions of the Country Office. The position holder will support in tracking monthly expenditure, advance, forecasting tools as well as the review and analysis of monthly accountancy before submission.
The position holder will work collaboratively to ensure the issuing of accountancy bundles is timely, accurate, and complete. S/he will work with all staff in order to improve knowledge and awareness with respect to budget utilization, policies, internal control policies and procedures.
The incumbent will build and maintain a collaborative network with various external stakeholders such as local government and non-governmental partners.
The position holder will support in ensuring the financial data accuracy, effective and efficient utilization of resources in line with the Organizational and financial management policies and procedures as well as the donor policies and guidelines. Support in ensuring the organization is compliant by making sure various accounting and tax regulations are adhered to.
S/he will promote high standards of integrity and accountability in the utilization of organizational resources.
- Essential job functions
Activity 1: General Finance management:
- To ensure proper implementation of Action Against Hunger’s financial rules and procedures.
- Record all working advances in the advance book and follow up on their clearance by staff on a timely basis.
- To ensure that each cash & bank transaction is justified by an appropriate invoice/receipt, and to ensure the quality of receipts (name, patent no., stamp, description, date, amount, etc.)
- Responsible for proper & regular filing of all finance documents at the Mission.
- Support the VAT refund documentation preparation process.
Activity 2: Budget Management
- Support the monthly Budget Follow-Up (BFU) meetings at the Nairobi level and aggregate feedback from all bases to Nairobi Finance office for follow-up and action.
- Ensure that correct budget lines are used for each activity & expense- link to Procurement Follow Up(PFU) and BFU
Activity 3: Cash & Bank Management:
- To ensure respect for Action Against Hunger’s finance procedures and Cash Management Policy at the Mission level.
- Ensure Mission expenditures are in line with the approved cash forecast, analyze discrepancy between actual expenditures and cash forecast
Activity 4: SAGA:
- Record all transactions in the SAGA cashbook in full respect of internal saga rules. This cashbook & bank book must be updated on a daily basis to be able to verify the physical bank & cash balance at any time.
- Ensure that correct budget lines are used for each activity & expense- link to PFU and BFU
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Monthly accountancy and supporting documentation
- Physical Demands
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for long periods and to concentrate on work, including typing, and turn out heavy volumes of work accurately, within short time frames under stressful situations in the context of a moderately noisy office with many interruptions. Must be able to proofread own work accurately so that only minor corrections are needed on an infrequent basis.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Working Conditions, Travel and Environment
- The duties of the job require regular job attendance at least five days per week. Must be available to work outside normal office hours or on the weekends as required.
- Must be able to travel as required for standard domestic and international business travel as well as to the country offices if appropriate. Based on the country office needs, the time spent on field trips will be determined on a need basis. While visiting the field, the employee may be exposed to precarious settings under high security risks and/or very basic living conditions and outside weather conditions, as well as to infectious diseases.
- Gender Equality Commitments & Zero Tolerance to Abuse
• Foster an environment that reinforces the values of women and men, and equal access to information.
• Provide a work environment where women and men must be evaluated and promoted based on their skills and performance.
- Promote a safe, secure, and respectful environment for all stakeholders, particularly for children, beneficiaries, and members of staff.
- Help to prevent any type of abuse including workplace harassment and sexual abuse and exploitation.
• Respect beneficiaries’ women, men, children (boys and girls) regardless of gender, sex orientation, disability, religion, race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, or marital status.
• Value and respect all cultures.
- Required Qualifications and Professional Experience
Business related Field: Finance/Accounting/Professional qualification of CPA will be added advantage
- Required Skills & Competencies
- Excellent analytical and writing skills.
- Problem Solver.
- Compatibility for both independence and teamwork.
- Persuasive and confident communicator, able to deal with senior colleagues throughout the organization.
- Persistence and assertiveness combined with tact and diplomacy
- 2-3 years’ experience in a busy organization or Non-profit organization
- Demonstrated flexibility and or adaptability.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Good writing skills. Good management and representation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to work in high pressured environment
How to apply
All candidates should apply through the link address: Click Here on or before 2nd October 2022.Action Against Hunger-USA provides all staff with an attractive salary & benefits package. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Action Against Hunger-USA complies with all applicable laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
Closing date: 2-Oct-22