The USAID-funded Climate Adaptation Support Activity project, implemented by Tetra Tech International Development (www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest for the Climate Communications Advisor position. The USAID Climate Adaptation Support Activity is a five-year project based in Washington, D.C. The purpose of the activity is to support impactful adaptation across USAID by providing strategic support to USAID Missions and USAID/Washington Operating Units.
The Climate Communications Advisor is responsible for the design, management, and expansion of public outreach and project communications functions, including the development of Communications Strategy, materials, and other media to disseminate to project and donor stakeholders about the project. This is a five-year fixed-term appointment with benefits. The Climate Communications Advisor is part of the Technical Advisory Group and reports to the Chief of Party. This position may be based in Washington, D.C., or Burlington, VT, with the possibility of a remote work option.
* Advises project leadership on communications compliance; assures compliant reporting, and messaging per Branding and Marking Plan.
* Customizes communications and outreach strategy and associated materials to assure inclusion and locally appropriate approaches.
* Works with subject matter experts and project leadership to develop communications products for targeted technical and non-technical audiences, including project deliverables.
* Works with research team and Knowledge Management staff to assemble communications materials for/from learning events and research findings.
* Collaborates and manages relationships with subcontractors to provide niche and subject matter-specific communications activities, and adapt it for local, national, and global audiences.
* Master’s degree and 6 years of experience, or bachelor’s degree and 8 years of experience in communications, public relations, sociology, or related discipline.
* At least 5 years of experience related to media development and communications for international development projects.
* Direct experience in climate change communications highly desired.
* Familiarity with or training in behavior change communications strategies.
* Demonstrated ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams; experience developing and adapting multimedia messages for a diverse range of stakeholders.
* USAID project experience preferred.
* Professional proficiency in English is required.
* Proficiency in Spanish or French preferred.
* U.S. work authorization required.
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/climatecommunicationsadvisorCASA
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.