* Works with CASA project stakeholders to ensure project and technical data is accessible to stakeholders as needed.
* Provides on-demand climate data analytics, visualization, and results synthesis to support discrete CASA activities and project needs.
* Leads the analysis, translation, and presentation of complex climate information from multiple streams for non-technical audiences.
* Contributes to reporting and activity deliverables and manages discrete tasks and activities where needed.
* Contributes to the Activity’s Learning, Innovation, and Research Agenda by extracting learning and capturing research
* Coordinates and oversees STTA for discrete technical activities relating to analytics, data visualization, trend analysis, etc.
* Coordinates across staff and activity partners to plan and complete technical tasks, providing highly technical input and analytical support in climate sciences and information.
* Designs and delivers training and tools for the adoption of analytical methods in climate science.
* Master’s degree and 10 years of experience or bachelor’s degree and 12 years of experience with a focus on computer science, data science, or statistics, including data analysis and visualization tools, interface design, and presentation of complex data to target audiences.
* At least 5 years of experience in climate change adaptation, climate services, data analytics, or other relevant technical experience. Experience with mapping, geographic information systems, and visual data presentation is highly desired.
* Demonstrated ability to design and implement sophisticated climate diagnostics and scenario analysis, and climate risk analysis to inform decision support, early warning, risk assessments.
* Knowledge of relational databases and other data sources.
* Professional proficiency in English is required.
* Proficiency in Spanish, French, or other languages preferred.
* Ability to travel internationally.
*U.S. work authorization required.
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/climateservicesdataadvisorCASA
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.