PILnet is a non-governmental organization that creates opportunities for social change globally by unlocking law’s full potential. With programs in Europe & Eurasia, Asia, and at the global level, PILnet aims to reclaim and reimagine the role of law so that it works for the benefit of all. PILnet builds networks and collaborations of public interest and private sector lawyers who understand how law works when it serves the interests of the privileged and then it uses that knowledge to strengthen civil society and the communities they serve.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Working remotely and based in Americas or Europe/Africa time zones (from UTC-6 to UTC+4), the Communications Consultant will support the PILnet team across the globe in implementing external communications about PILnet’s mission and its specific projects. The Consultant will report to PILnet’s Director for Development and Communications but will be expected to work with the programming staff to keep up with all project updates and execute campaigns on a variety of platforms, including social media, website updates, newsletters, and materials for an in person conference.
The consultant responsibilities will include:
- Drafting and posting social media
- Maintaining and revising project web pages, including major and minor changes as needed
- Developing ideas for and writing news and impact stories for the website
- Creating event and resource pages for website
- Assisting in writing and designing newsletters for various stakeholders
- Assisting with special projects, such as PILnet’s Ukraine Resources
- Monitoring and maintaining the Google Ads accounts
- Other tasks as requested by the staff
- Good writing skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with wordpress preferred
- Experience with Mailchimp or similar program preferred
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Spoken and written proficiency in other languages is a plus.
- Experience with basic audiovisual production (cutting / editing videos, podcasts) is a plus
- Passion for human rights and serving the public good
The duration of the initial contract is for 40 hours per week for 6 months, contract may be renewed / extended (subject to available funding).
Salary will be between US $2,500 and US $4,000 per month, depending on the experience and country of residence of the applicant.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter detailing how their skills match the advertised position, they’re expected remuneration and a writing/ communications sample / example / portfolio, or to [email protected]. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Personal data provided by applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance https://www.pilnet.org/privacy-policy/
Closing date: 31-Oct-22