COMMUNICATIONS & FUNDRAISING COORDINATOR
We are looking for a creative yet analytical individual to join our team, who understands the techniques of online communications and fundraising.
Start date: 1st November 2022
Application deadline: 18th October 2022
Location: Athens, Greece
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week
WHO IS PROJECT ARMONIA?
We are a non-profit organisation acting in solidarity with displaced people to promote equal access to nutrition and education. For the past two years, we have operated a free restaurant that served over 1000 healthy and nutritious meals per day to displaced people on the hotspot island of Samos. We have worked with a diverse team of 29 different nationalities.
Now, we have a new exciting challenge ahead! We are currently setting up a new food project in the city of Athens. We are aiming to open our doors in Autumn 2022, serving warm, tasty, and nutritious meals. At a second stage, we will develop a food-centered educational and an employability project which aims to create a community in which we work together with displaced people towards their integration into Greek society.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the implementation of the communication strategy.
- Monitoring and evaluation of the communications strategy in collaboration with the Director.
- Managing, maintaining and producing content for the organisation’s communication channels (social media, newsletter, and website).
- Serve as a point of contact for media and public questions.
- Assisting the Director with the drafting of annual progress reports and responsible for their presentation and distribution.
- Keeping abreast of developments in asylum and migration in Greece and the EU, ensuring that these are reflected in the organisation’s communication platforms and all public engagements.
- Maintaining, monitoring and evaluating digital infrastructure.
- Responsible for the implementation of the organisation’s fundraising strategy to meet annual funding goals.
- Monitoring and evaluation of the fundraising strategy in collaboration with the Director.
- Develop, write and submit grants, proposals and funding applications.
- Donor relation building and donor care, including the creation and distribution of updates, progress reports and merchandise.
- Monitoring and coordinating the administration of received grants.
- Maintaining the fundraising calendar.
- Actively looking for new funding opportunities.
- Planning and coordinating fundraising campaigns and events, ensuring their timely delivery.
- Maintaining systems for recording and tracking applications, prospective funding opportunities, and existing donors.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Experience of writing effective, thoughtful, and high-quality content.
- Ability to create visually compelling content.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work well both independently and within a team.
- At least three years of professional experience working in a communications/media/ fundraising role.
- Social media experience (creating posts, account management, and analytics).
- Grant-writing experience, preferably for non-profit organisations.
- Strong creativity and adaptability.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to manage priorities.
- Strong knowledge of the legal, policy and NGO context in which we operate.
- Fluency in Greek and/or German.
- Knowledge of Canva, WordPress, and MailChimp.
- Database management skills.
- Knowledge of existing suitable funding opportunities.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
- A truly rewarding role as a part of a highly committed team
- A full-time position based in our Athens office (40h/w)
- Some flexibility in working out of office
- 1.200 EUR gross/950 EUR net monthly salary
- 25 days paid annual leave
How to apply
To apply send a copy of your CV and a cover letter to [email protected]
Project Armonia is wholly committed to inclusion and diversity and to building a community and environment where everyone is appreciated for the unique person they are. We warmly welcome applications from a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences and would particularly welcome applications from individuals from the displaced community.