Syrian Center for Media and Freedom of Expression
The Syrian Center for Media and Freedom of Expression (SCM) is an independent, non-governmental, and non-profit organisation registered in France in 2004, governed by a non-remunerated board. It has held a special consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC) since 2011.
SCM’s vision is for a world based on freedom, justice, and equality that respects personal dignity, human rights, and fundamental freedoms.
Unit-Department: Policies, Advocacy and Communication Department.
Job title/ Profession: Communications Officer.
No. of positions available: 1 vacancy.
Type of contract and duration: 3 months, with the possibility of extension.
Type of Announcement: (Internal/External).
Roles and responsibilities:
- Define an internal and external communication strategy and ensure its implementation square.
- Implementation of a promotion and visibility strategy for the Syrian Center for Media and Freedom of Expression and its programs.
- Management of communication with journalists and journalistic institutions and monitoring of the Centre’s media presence in the various media.
- Creation of presentation files and other communication materials for the Syrian Center for Media and Freedom of Expression and its programs and services departments.
- Building campaigns for the Syrian Center for Media and Freedom of Expression, its programs, events and its advocacy department.
- Writing statements and press releases.
- Creation of a visual identity for SCM and its programs.
- Advise the communication team, and ensure the capacity building of its members and the sustainability of teamwork.
- Respect all of the Syrian Center’s values and confidentiality criteria Media and Freedom of Expression.
- Maintain a safe working environment that complies with procedures, rules and center security arrangements.
- Maintain and protect the confidentiality and privacy of beneficiaries in all cases and whatever the documents and data.
- Perform any other task assigned by the program manager or his immediate supervisor.
- BA, and preferably MA in Media and communication, or political science.
- Experience in a similar position between 1 and 3 years.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to be creative.
- A collaborative working style and the ability to work in a team.
- Very good computer skills in using Google suite/Google Workspace and Microsoft Office programs.
- Proficiency in Arabic and English languages.
How to apply
- The CV should contain full contact information (Email and Mobile number), previous experiences with professional references, academic qualifications and three reference contacts.
- The CV must be in PDF format with the full name of the applicant in the title.
- Applications should be sent via email to: [email protected] with the name of the vacancy in the email subject.
- Any request sent after the deadline will be ignored.
- The CV review process will start after the advertisement period expires, and only candidates who have moved to the second stage of the recruitment process will be invited for interviews.
- We apologise in advance for not sending responses to the rest of the applicants.
Closing date: 25-Sep-22