Acción contra el Hambre
Action Against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action Against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Jerusalem office (with regular trips to the Gaza Strip) a
Consortium Partnership Manager
The position of Consortium Partnership Manager aims to ensure coordination and coherence of the implementation of an 18-months economic recovery program funded by the EU in the Gaza Strip. The position is hosted by Action Against Hunger (AAH) and will work for the consortium composed of AAH and 3 Palestinian NGOs. The Consortium Partnership Manager will be accountable to the Steering Committee and will be in regular contact with the 4 agencies to ensure timely and quality implementation of the program. In addition, the Consortium Partnership Manager will represent externally and as relevant the consortium. She/he will be accountable for compliance matters and coordinate with AAH Grant Manager, Logistics and Financial colleagues. The position is based in Jerusalem with regular trips to the Gaza Strip.
Objective 1: Establish and promote good coordination and information sharing within the consortium and with external actors.
- Set up consortium structure and committees and formalize ToR for each of them.
- Support the on boarding of new staff working for this project within each of the 4 organizations.
- Chair and facilitate the Steering Committee, prepare for the meeting, and provide minutes.
- Chair and facilitate the discussions in the Technical & Operational Committee; propose agenda and produce minutes.
- Maintain a close relationship with the partners and inform Steering Committee Members of the results of the Consortium.
- Ensure information is shared within operational teams as useful and in a timely manner.
- Maintain project’s document sharing platform and ensure proper archiving.
- Represent the consortium to the donor and external actor as relevant and in consultation with the Steering Committee.
- Establish and follow up of a Communication & Visibility Plan; produce documents and overview of the consortium achievements for the use of Senior Management, to inform the donor and external humanitarian/development organizations in Gaza, etc.
Objective 2: Oversee the achievements of the consortium objectives and expected results by ensuring timely and quality implementation.
- Ensure a systematic follow-up of the work plans of each project component.
- Encourage coherence and complementarity between the different components of the project and bring consortium members together as relevant.
- Support consortium partners in implementing their components of the project and support in solving issues as required.
- Ensure that the MEAL Committee is functional, and the MEAL Consortium Lead develop, implement, and keep up to date a MEAL plan for the consortium.
- Coordinate with the finance to follow the overall budget execution of the contract according to the agreements established with the donor and between partners.
- Set up technical working groups or specific committees to address any relevant point or need for harmonization (e.g., on agriculture infrastructures components etc.)
- Monitor implementation risks and action points needed to address or mitigate them; propose coordination on common challenges between partners as relevant (e.g., entrance of material into the Gaza Strip).
- Lead & coordinate consortium activities under the direct line management of the secretariat such as Mid-year Review, trainings to consortium staff etc.
- Encourage technical Learning between partners (e.g., presentation of study findings; peer support and review; common field visits etc.).
- Line manages consortium team (1 to 2 positions).
- Coordinate within AAH with department that can support greater quality and impact of the program (Advocacy, Technical Advisors in mission and HQ etc.).
Objective 3: Assure adequate grant, risk, and compliance management in close collaboration with consortium partners & AAH support departments.
- Develop and maintain up to date a risk & compliance matrix to identify and address risks related to this contract.
- Ensure agreements with donors and partners are in place and implemented respecting all the closes; propose amendments as relevant.
- Ensure the donor regulations are implemented by the 4 partners and lead verification as necessary in collaboration with technical, finance, procurement, and compliance colleagues.
- Review and compile donor reports and narrative reports of partners in collaboration with Grant Manager.
- Address and solve in a timely manner compliance matter in coordination with AAH Support departments, the Grant Manager and senior management.
How to apply
- Bachelor or master’s in Economics, Business Administration, Agriculture, International Relations, International Cooperation and Development, Political Science or equivalent.
- Familiarity with oPt context and Middle East strong advantage.
- Strong Technical Knowledge of Project Cycle Management.
- Technical background in Economic Development, Food Security and Livelihoods and Protection.
- Report & Proposal Writing Skills.
- Knowledge of donor (EU) & EU Compliance rules.
- Experience for 7 years in international relief.
- Previous experience in implementing large scale programs of Economic Development, Food Security and Livelihoods.
- Previous experience in managing or being part of a consortium preferred.
- Previous experience in the management of human resources and teams.
- Experience in external representation and coordination between different actors
- Experience in dealing with compliance matters
- Strong understanding of the humanitarian sector (Cluster, actors etc.)
- Significant programming, advocacy, fundraising, and/or operations experience, working in both emergency and development contexts with NGOs and international organizations**.**
- Knowledge of the organization and its lines of action preferred.
- Excellent oral and written English.
- Good Arabic (at least oral, Middle East dialect) a strong added value.
- Mastery of Windows, essential advanced management of Excel.
- Availability for geographic mobility (travel to work areas).
- We offer immediate Incorporation into a multicultural, professional and innovative organization with the possibility of participating in projects with high social impact.
- Contract length: 15 months with possibility of extension.
- Base: Jerusalem with regular trips to Gaza.
- A compensation package estimated in 53,323 € gross/year.
- Compensation Package * consisting of:
- Salary: 38,323€ gross/year divided in 12 payments.
- Benefits package * estimated at 15,000 euros / year paid directly by the organization that includes:
- Insurance for the expatriate (health, life, repatriation, travel etc.).
- Travel for breaks.
- Per Diem of 215 euros for each break (paid at mission level in local currency).
- Annual leave return ticket.
- Return ticket to the mission.
- Adapted professional career where talent and motivation are recognized.
- Continuous training in both technical skills and competencies.
- 25 days paid leave per year
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PACKAGE IS APPLICABLE FOR FOREIGN APPLICATIONS ONLY. NATIONAL APPLICATIONS WILL FOLLOW DIFFERENT CONDITIONS ACCORDING TO AAH POLICIES.
Only applications received through our online service will be considered. Please click on the following link to access the service:
Note. – Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our website www.accioncontraelhambre.org. In case you do not find the job advertisement published here, it means that the selection process has been closed.