Polish Red Cross
The Polish Red Cross (PRC), also known as the National Society of Red Cross of Poland, is a volunteer-led, humanitarian organization that provides emergency assistance, disaster relief, and community programs throughout Poland. It is the designated national affiliate of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC).
Together, the IFRC, the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), and 192 countries (National Societies) make up the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (the Movement). The Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is the world’s largest humanitarian organization and is united by a central purpose: to help, without discrimination, people who are suffering, and to contribute to building peace and dignity in the world. The work of the Movement is guided by the following 7 Fundamental Principles: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality.
The Main Board of the Polish Red Cross operates at the national level, 16 District Branches in voivodships, and over 200 District Branches at the powiat level. The fourth level, the lowest in the hierarchy, and thus its foundation, are the basic units: PCK School Circles, Youth Community Instructors (SIM), Blood Donor Clubs, Rescue Group and Humanitarian Aid Groups. The mission of the Polish Red Cross is to prevent and alleviate human suffering, and to protect human dignity, without any discrimination on the basis of nationality, race, gender, religious or political beliefs.
In late February 2022, armed conflict in Ukraine intensified and spread, affecting many parts of the country and causing major concern for the protection of civilians and essential infrastructure. Within two weeks of the intensification, more than 2,5 million people from Ukraine had fled or been evacuated to seven neighbouring countries and beyond, and several million are estimated to be displaced inside the country.
The current response operation in Poland and the information needs of the affected population has led to the establishment of a National Contact Centre which is intended as a single point of contact to engage in a two-way dialogue with the affected communities as well as the host community through phone calls, chatbot messages and e-mails. The Contact Centre aims to provide information and address questions regarding the assistance such as multi-purpose cash assistance, shelter, mental health and psychosocial support, protection, Restoring Family Links (RFL) and tracing services provided throughout the country either directly by the National Society or by other stakeholders. Additionally, Contact Centre will support community engagement and accountability efforts by registering community feedback and monitoring data to regularly adjust and improve PCK program and operations.
The Contact Centre Team Leader will provide support for handling inquiries coming to the Contact Centre including receiving and responding to the calls through the hotline, answering chatbot messages, providing information and registering interaction details on the contact centre management system and will be responsible for the day-to-day oversight, strategic planning and monitoring of the Polish Red Cross Contact Centre operation for the continuous improvement of the beneficiary experience.
Considering the evolving situation and to ensure the maximum level or correctness and adequacy of information, Contact Centre enumerators are supported with a regularly updated Knowledge Base and frequently trained by the technical staff. Psychosocial support is provided to Contact Centre’s enumerators to cope with stressful situations.
- Serve as the key responsible person in the management of the Contact Centre staff, direct daily operations
- Serve as the focal point among the technical teams, the management and the enumarators
- Support the ongoing efforts to create a national knowledge base
- Support the strengthening of appropriate feedback systems for Polish Red Cross within the Contact Centre
- Escalate priority cases to the technical teams, ensuring consistent assessment of each case as it reaches the Contact Centre
- Support the Contact Centre enumarators in handling difficult inquiries
- Conduct regular meetings to ensure that personnel are well informed of changes in Polish Red Cross programmes and operations
- Maintain effective organization of training, coaching, workflow patterns, performance standards, and platform management/flows
- Maintain collaboration among team members and resolve grievances
- Coordinate analytic, strategic and technical resources to meet client expectations and ensure satisfaction, and improve service delivery via Contact Centre
- Ensure the accurate reporting of Contact Centre activities including Key Performance Indicators, emergent trends, rumours, requests, and task closure rates by call type
- Analyze the weekly and monthly call numbers of the operators and provide feedback to improve their performance
- Support technical teams with translation tasks
- Ensure compliance with data privacy and protection guidelines and standards
- Support and oversee ongoing training and capacity building for staff and volunteers involved in the contact centre
How to apply
Required: University Degree in Communication, Social Services or related field, Previous experience in a similar role, Experience in leading teams and managing people
Preferred: Previous experience in a call centre or a customer support role, Experience within the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, Experience in an international organisation or NGO
Required: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, Excellent interpersonal skills to build a positive team environment,Computer Skills: Microsoft Outlook and Word with advanced Excel skills (CRM preferred),Strong facilitation, coaching and training skills
Required: Ukrainian, English
Preferred: Polish Russian
If you look for a work in an intercultural environment, you have the necessary competences and experience, and at the same time you value assistance to people in need, we kindly invite you to submit your application (CV + cover letter) to the email: [email protected]
Please note that this position is open for Polish/ Ukraine nationals
Closing date: 9/30/2022