Danish Red Cross
Do you have a strong eye for data management and digital usability? Then this is an opportunity for you! The Danish Red Cross’ International Department needs you to strengthen our use of digital systems and tools for data management, data visualization and information sharing.
The Danish Red Cross are scaling up our efforts to work more strategically with digital systems and tools that promote data-informed decision-making and support collaborative workflows. We are looking for a meticulous and service-minded colleague with an eye for making our digital data management systems run as efficiently and user-friendly as possible, while also identifying potential tweaks and further development needs according to user input and department workflows.
The main purpose of these systems and tools is to assist the International Department’s approx. 120 staff that support local Red Cross and Red Crescent societies in implementing humanitarian and development interventions in some of the most challenging contexts across 20+ countries throughout MENA, Africa, Asia and Europe. To do so, we need someone with a structured mind and methodology to make sure that our digital infrastructure is running smoothly and fits the continuously developing user needs.
Your tasks will include:
- Providing support to and strengthening capacity of DRC international staff in developing and updating data visualizations and Power BI dashboards to support analyses and data-informed decision-making
- Maintenance and optimization of our document handling system (Atlas), incl. coordination of Super User group, developing training videos and guidance, acting as 2nd line technical support, and more
- Identifying and optimizing new and existing digital tools and systems to strengthen workflows and data-informed decision-making across the department (incl. soon-to-come project information management system)
- Maintenance and optimization of department survey systems used for key reporting or compliance processes
- Collaborate with other department Information Management specialists in developing and maintaining policies for quality data management and data protection
- Acting as the department’s GDPR focal point in relation to compliance of digital systems and tools
The right candidate has:
- A relevant educational background in the field of (digital) data/information management (recent graduates also encouraged to apply)
- Excellent understanding of IT systems as well as their users, especially related to workflow optimization
- Proven experience working with data management and the Microsoft 365 suite (specifically SharePoint, Power BI and Excel)
- Knowledge of survey systems (e.g. KoboToolbox, Alchemer)
- Excellent English language skills (written and spoken), Danish and/or French considered an advantage.
We offer a full-time employment of 37 hours a week. We are looking for a candidate to start as soon as possible, but no later than December 1, 2022. The position will be based in Copenhagen and will be integrated in the International Department’s Humanitarian Policy & Analysis Unit. The position will collaborate closely with the department’s Information Management Advisor on a day-to-day basis. Limited travel to DRC Regional and Country Offices may occur, as agreed with the Head of Unit.
Salary and employment conditions will comply with the Danish Red Cross’ collective bargain agreement with HK and AC and will depend on experience and qualifications.
Application and further information
If you wish to know more, please contact Emil Risum Brøgger, Information Management Advisor ([email protected]), or read more in the job description. We expect the interview process to take place between October 3 – 5.
How to apply
The vacancy can be applied via our homepage, www.rodekors.dk/job, no later than September 27.
Closing date: 9/27/2022