The position is open to Ukrainian nationals only and to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are very good prospects for an extension. The employment location will be Kyiv, Ukraine. The position requires to travel.
As an IT Officer for our Ukraine response, your aim will be to provide IT and Communications support to the programmes and projects of our JERU (Joint Emergency Response Ukraine) Response.
- Identify a suitable Internet Service Provider for all of the Ukraine offices – Poltava, Khmelnytskyi, and Kyiv and any other locations if new offices are opened
- Establish and ensure compliance with a communications policy for the country in terms of mobile phone packages for roles, internet packages for staff residences (if required), etc, and get approval of the said policy by the Country Director
- Establish a framework agreement with a number of mobile companies for post-paid connection on packages that offer value for money in terms of internet bundles and call mins versus price. Identification for these should be based on coverage in all locations
- Manage the issuing of all phones to staff and programmes ensuring that those receiving them are signing the correct documentation as per the procedures
- Ensure that new staff entering the country are issued with a SIM card and/or phone to ensure they can do security checks as per the Security Management Plan
- Manage the phone contracts and the monthly bills ensuring that all personal calls are identified and reimbursed by the relevant staff member
- Ensure and support the IT laptops of the all organizations involved in JERU (Weltungerhilfe, Concern Worldwide & CESVI) on any troubleshooting
- Liaise with the other organization’s IT support teams to resolve any troubleshooting issues
- Liaise with the Logistics Officer who is managing Assets in the country to ensure that all IT equipment is registered and all movements are tracked through the organization and recorded on the Asset Register
- Formal or professional training, (vocational) college training, completed trainee programme in the field of IT
- 3 to 5 years of professional job experience in the field of IT and Communication
- Strong MS Teams skills
- Willingness to travel within Ukraine
- Fluency in Ukrainian
- Russian and or English language skills are an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale.
How to apply
Please send your application in English via our online recruiting system by September 22, 2022. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.
Closing date: 9/22/2022