International Rescue Committee
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 28 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The Information Technology (IT) department at the IRC comprises of the following teams delivering enterprise technology capabilities for the IRC:
Global Technology Shared Services
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Management
Business Relationship Management
Program Technology & Data
HR Information Systems (HRIS)
Enterprise CRM & Marketing Technology
IRC’s Enterprise CRM & Marketing Technology team within the Information Technology Department is responsible for managing the enterprise supporter management platforms that support the global delivery of the International Rescue Committee’s private sector resources (financially contributing circa USD200M per annum), as well as the key partnerships, advocacy and influence objectives of the External Relations, Communications and Advocacy departments. These platforms also play an important strategic role in the creation of IRC’s brand, its awareness and support for fundraising and advocacy goals. The platforms include the Enterprise CRM platform, various donation platforms, the IRC global website and email communications platforms.
This is a great opportunity for a dynamic and passionate individual to join our CRM Audience Management team to help develop and grow the Audience data quality to ensure the organization is reaching every one of its targets. The CRM Data Specialist is responsible for quality assurance and stewardship of data received from ever an increasing number of sources, both external and internal. S/he will be tasked with planning, designing, and executing data quality routines; and proactively monitoring, measuring, analyzing, and reporting on data quality issues to the organization. The development of protocols, creating and implementing monitoring procedures to monitor and ensure data quality and standardization, and suggesting process improvements will all be essential parts of this roll. The CRM Data Specialist will provide ongoing support, training, and documentation to multiple global teams, helping them to capture and extract high quality information for analytical decision making from IRC’s systems.
As CRM Data Specialist you will perform hands-on technical implementation, with a focus on administering and delivering functional solutions on IRC’s backend data extracted from the CRM systems. You will be involved in the design, implementation, deployment, and documentation of projects that leverage the Salesforce.com, ETL, and SQL toolset.
In this role you support global External Relations Department’s business systems and processes, ensuring they are aligned and continuously improved to meet business needs as they change.
Drawing on technical skills, critical thinking, problem solving, and creativity, you will implement new solutions and/or troubleshoots issues. You will work with a wide range of key stakeholders and staff to translate business requirements into sophisticated systems and reporting solutions.
You’ll be dynamic, self-motivated and will have the technical savvy to inspire and provide technical edge to business users and department to meet their goals.
Reports to: Audience Data Management Engineer
Key Working Relationships
- Close collaboration with global colleagues working in the areas of CRM, digital technology, and analytics across External Relations, IT and Communications teams.
- Collaboration with the external vendors
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the assessment and resolution of Salesforce cases
- Assist with Salesforce support and specific enhancement projects
- Identify, assess, monitor, document, and communicate potential quality issues and provide efficient solutions for the back-end database and Salesforce CRM.
- Evaluate system performance and design, as well as its effect on data quality.
- Runn data queries to identify coding issues and data exceptions, as well as data cleansing.
- Participate in design of Excel VBA and SQL back end.
- Build and automate data quality controls and master data management operations.
- Support CRM business process automation projects and data optimization projects.
- Collaborate with database developers to improve data collection and data reporting.
- Develop advanced data capture, quality control and fulfilment processes using advanced Salesforce processes/flows, reports/dashboards, Excel VBA/macros, and basic SQL processes.
- Participate in special projects as needed.
- Play SME and product owner for select applications, tools, and plug-ins within the CRM stack.
- Provide technical/admin support and advanced troubleshooting for end users
- Perform complex data analysis/management tasks and provide support for related data warehouse infrastructure (SQL databases, scheduling and ETL tools, and key integrations).
- Perform unit testing and defect fixes.
- Build productive relationships with cross-functional stakeholders and business owners.
- Communicate proactively and frequently and modify technical information as needed so that it can be understood by stakeholders to enable their decision-making.
- 5 + years hands on with Data Management or Data Quality
- Significant demonstrable professional work experience with CRM and relational databases (non-profit experience a plus) and IT delivery, IT services, and professional services environments.
- Experience with DBAmp, Heroku or other Salesforce related cloud technologies.
- Experience creating basis for data CRM quality checks.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in programming languages, including Excel VBA/macros and MSSQL queries.
- Accuracy and attention to detail a must; sensitivity when working with highly confidential information and ability to always maintain complete discretion.
- Proven ability to plan and independently manage a variety of projects and high work volume: must work well under pressure, prioritize, show flexibility, and solve problems creatively.
- Experience with creating views, stored procedures, and functions.
- SQL database experience using T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, query performance tunings, database development, implementation, data manipulation and complex custom reports, and underlying data models.
- Experience in ETL Design sessions.
- Experience with MSOffice VBA.
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical audience.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Engineering or equivalent experience.
- NPSP Salesforce experience.
- Experience in supporting fundraising applications for non-profit organizations.
- Experience in working effectively with an Agile delivery model.
- Experience with web services or application programming interfaces is a great plus;
- Experience in implementing business intelligence and data warehouse solutions.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Equality, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, Egalite, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
How to apply
Closing date: 10/24/2022