International Rescue Committee
The Data Specialist, Economic Empowerment supports IRC’s Economic Empowerment programs in nearly 30 US cities and in Europe and on other international projects. Economic Empowerment program areas include workforce, financial capabilities, and small business development. IRC’s economic empowerment programs have a rigorous commitment to capturing key data to ensure that we have a good understanding of our work. This position is responsible for providing the economic empowerment technical team with support in data collection, quality, review, and reporting.
- Provides regular data quality assurance on program and project data
- Participates in economic empowerment data training activities for groups and individual program staff
- Supports the updating and maintenance of economic empowerment data resources such as manuals, guides, and SOPs
- Pulls data report(s) from multiple data systems in support of program goals in accordance with project and donor timelines
- Prepares data sets for import/export, uploads, and other data transfer and consolidation activities
- Other duties as assigned
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Position reports to: Senior Program Officer, Economic Empowerment
The Data Specialist, Economic Empowerment maintains close working relationships the economic empowerment technical staff, staff in field offices, staff in the Program Quality & Innovation unit, and Research, Analysis and Learning unit.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience in social sciences and/or other major with significant coursework in data
- Experience working with large, complex data sets especially in the context of social services and/or economic development programs
- Experience using proprietary data systems, CRMs, and/or other similar software(s)
- Highly proficient at Microsoft Excel, strong familiarity using CSV files or similar preferred
- Experience performing data quality assurance in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, dynamic environment strongly preferred
- Strong attention to detail required
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks, set priorities, effectively manage time, and meet deadlines.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Should be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences. Fluency in English required.
- High level of comfort, functioning and effectiveness in multi-cultural and multidisciplinary teams
- A combination of standard office environment and remote work to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days (depending on role and tenure), medical insurance starting at $145 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare, childcare, and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with up to 4.5% immediately vested matching contribution, plus a 3-7% base IRC contribution (3 year vesting), disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
How to apply
Closing date: 11/11/2022