iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
The Information Management Officer (IMO) will provide information management support to Ukriane Humanitarian Clusters, with regard to production of different informative products, support with reporting with supportive analytical trends, charts, maps etc. to facilitate data driven decision making.
The following deliveries are expected from the position:
- Design templates for different Health and Nutrition objectives on regular and Ad-hoc basis.
- Update different informative products including infographics, reports, presentations and other technical documents for project.
- Development of dynamic data visualization dashboards in PowerBI, Plotly, ArcGIS online etc.
- Provide capacity building to cluster IMOs in order to facilitate better identification of humanitarian needs and gaps of humanitarian assistance inside Ukraine.
- Coordinate activities in regards to production with a team inside Ukraine.
- Product automatization to generate statistical reports, graphs, maps for a regular products.
- Ability to coordinate with the cluster partners to identify their specific needs in terms of informative products.
- Advice cluster members on IM best practices.
- Provide regular reports on progress made, main challenges/constraints faced and recommend corrective actions.
- Perform any other information management duties as assigned by management.
- University degree (bachelor’s degree or higher) in Information Science, Geographical Information Systems, Computer Science or other relevant field.
- A High School diploma combined with an extensive relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of a university degree.
- Soft skills
- Ability to coordinate with local administrators, government, NGOs working with community projects and agencies involved in mine-action.
- Ability to work under pressure and long hours at different locations.
- Flexible and adaptable to any situation.
- Self-reliant and able to work independently.
- Minimum three (3) years of work experience in the field of Information Management is essential;
- Experience in data processing and analysis, creation of reports;
- Experience in the use of software, such as ArcGIS, Tableau, Plotly, Adobe Illustrator, PowerBI;
- Excellent command of Office suite applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Fluency in English is required.
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
How to apply
Please apply through: https://careers.immap.org/jobs/669
Closing date: 10/7/2022