We are currently recruiting a Global Operations Coordinator to join our Supply Chain & Operations team, ideally based in Washington DC, US or in London, UK. This is a hybrid position, where the successful candidate will be required to come to either the UK or US office at least once a month.
Note you must have the right to work in your remote home based location and that national terms and conditions apply.
This role is classified as requiring standard pre-employment checks.
About Relief International
Relief International (RI) is a leading nonprofit organization working in 16 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
About the opportunity
You will support the Supply Chain & Operations team in managing the day-to-day support and administration for Relief International’s Global Support Offices in Washington DC, London, Belgium and France.
Maintaining oversight of RI’s office administration and travel management, the role involves account management with the global travel agent, supporting staff travel issue resolution, liaising with landlords, managing office bills, supplies and courier services, supporting with global procurement tenders, and working with IT on asset management.
- Lead on procurement of supplies and services for Global Support Offices.
- Office Management of Global Support Offices in the US, UK, France and Belgium, including liaison with landlords, lease agreements, managing supplies, bills, keys and invoices, office moves, and managing office insurance
- Manage the global travel agent and support travel issue resolution
- Identify, design, propose and implement process efficiencies and new approaches to drive efficiencies and cost saving in the Global Support Offices
- Together with IT, manage assets in the Global Support Offices
- Managing couriers and arranging shipping of equipment and other items as required.
- Ensuring compliance to systems and processes, including providing regular refresher trainings to staff.
You will bring the following experience and skills.
Previous experience, including supporting global travel, office procurement, and office administration
Progressive work experience in cross-cultural environments and demonstrated ability to adapt to support country teams
Strong organizational analytical and administrative skills, including an excellent attention to detail.
Ability to work under pressure and to meet challenging deadlines.
Must be flexible and willing to perform other duties
Ability to work flexible hours to support RIs various operations globally
Demonstrated ability to work and manage across multi-functional units
Cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
How to apply
To apply for this post, follow the link and click on the “Apply now” button in the job advert page.
- You will be asked to upload a CV and Cover Letter.
- The cover letter should be no more than 2 pages long and explain why you are interested in this post with Relief International and how your skills and experience make you a good fit.
Please apply as soon as possible, as we will be reviewing applicants on a rolling basis, and may withdraw the position before the job board closing date.
Due to limited resources, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
COVID 19: To ensure a safe workplace, RI follows government requirements, and in some locations a mandatory vaccination policy applies. When working or traveling on RI business, all staff, contractors and visitors must follow the rules and entry requirements of the country.
Relief International has a zero-tolerance policy for unlawful harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse. Relief International is committed to protecting our staff and the communities we work with from abuse and harm including sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, and sexual harassment.
All staff are expected to abide by our Code of Conduct.
Recruitment to all roles in Relief International include a criminal records self-declaration, references, and other pre-employment checks, which may include police and qualifications checks.
Closing date: 12/14/2022