INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Deputy Country Finance Coordinator
Duty station: Various destinations
Starting date: 01/01/2023
Contract duration: 6 to 12 months
Reporting to: Country Finance Coordinator
Supervision of: to be defined
Dependents: According to the country of assignment
General context of the project
According to the country of assignment
General purpose of the position
The Deputy Country Finance Coordinator is responsible in supporting the CFC in the administration of the country and its programs. He ensures the correct and effective management of administrative and financial issues, in accordance with the organization procedures and Country Finance guidelines.
Main responsibilities and tasks
• Safe and bank account management: Supervises the correct management of the safes and the bank accounts, supervises the correct preparation of the cash and bank reconciliations on a monthly basis for country project bases;
• Accountancy management: supervises the correct program accountancy and all accounting documents filing,
• Expense planning and monitoring: ensures, in collaboration with the Program Managers and the Country Finance Coordinator, the economic-financial performance of the Programs: financial forecast, expenditures projections, final balance,
• Funds Management: ensures that program expenditures are reasonable, allocable, prudent and spent in accordance with INTERSOS and donors Procedures.
• Reporting: supports the Country Finance Coordinator in preparing the Interim and Final Financial Reports of the Projects;
• Staff management: plans the work, supervises, and collaborates to train the staff of the project’s accounting-administrative area upon request by the Country Finance Coordinator or the Head of Mission.
• Additional tasks: Performs any other tasks necessary for the correct operation of the Finance and Administrative Office.
Required profile and experience
University Degree in Administration, Political Sciences, Finances
Relevant experience in NGO finance management
- Knowledge of Intersos finance system
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Fluent English (both written and spoken)
- Knowledge of Arabic or French are assets
- Ability to lead, delegate and work in team
- Flexibility (will have to take on responsibilities that might not be directly on his/her JD)
- Adaptability to changing work environment and possible volatile security situation
- Stress management skills: ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines, with peaks of heavy workloads
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with analytic approach
- Good computing skills
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below: https://www.intersos.org/posizioni-aperte/missioni/#intersosorg-vacancies/vacancy-details/636e7a4ba5004b0021f82a84
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply by attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.