Première Urgence Internationale
Fixed-term contract – 8 Months
Starting date : 02/11/2022
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 24 countries, on 5 continents
- Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2500 national staffs
- Around 225 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 120 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the basic needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Focus on our activities in Afghanistan
Our mission in Afghanistan has been open since 1980. PUI is developing its integrated approach in Health, Nutrition, MHPSS and Water-Hygiene-Sanitation. In addition, PUI works on a fixed-site intervention via primary health centers or first aid centers, in support of certain hospitals, or via the deployment of mobile clinics in the most remote areas. Today, the mission consists of 6 main projects, some of which are linked.
What about the Deputy Field Coordinator for Programs – Central ?
As Deputy Field Coordinator for Programs, you will be responsible for monitoring the effective implementation of the program at the base level and for monitoring PUI’s contractual obligations and reporting. You will also be responsible for representing PUI on programmatic issues to other humanitarian actors and to technical and administrative state authorities at the local level.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
- Strategic Development, follow-up of operations and reporting: You will coordinate the project teams through the program managers and ensure the proper implementation of the operational and qualitative aspects of the programs (objectives monitoring, respect of deadlines and budgetary deadlines, quality control, team synergy in accordance with the contractual documents and in compliance with PUI policies and procedures. You will ensure that contractual obligations are respected and coordinate the writing of reports. You will ensure that the programs developed are in line with PUI’s mandate and strategy and will propose new interventions according to the evolution of the humanitarian situation in the region.
- MEAL: You will coordinate the MEAL department and ensure the implementation of the activities of this department as well as the interactions with the programs and the design of relevant tools.
- Representation: You will participate in technical forums (working groups) at the local level in collaboration with the project leaders. You will assist the Field Co in coordination meetings between NGOs or with political and administrative authorities.
- Human Resources: You will be the direct supervisor of the project managers in this base and will ensure that appropriate support and capacity building is provided to senior program staff.
- Logistics and Administration: You will support the project managers in supervising the logistical and administrative tasks of the projects with the support of the logistics and administration departments.
The challenges that await you :
A relatively broad portfolio of donors: BHA, ECHO, WHI, CDCS, WFP, AHF. Apart from this, new donors are in the pipeline. Complex programing that involves integrated health with nutrition, WaSH, PSS as well as protection and gender mainstreaming. The mission also aims to build capacity with regard to ecological considerations. Remote work might be needed to a larger extent in the coming months until the end of the year.
What you will need to succeed
- Training: You hold a Master‘s degree in a field related to project management, international development and/or social sciences.
- Experience: You are strengthened by minimum 2 years of experience in project management and/or monitoring, and at least 2 years as a humanitarian project manager. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills: You master the methodology and the project management cycle, you have competences in studies and diagnosis. If you have knowledge of humanitarian donors, of database management and statistical software packages, it would be appreciated.
- Qualities: You have strong leadership and management skills, the ability to make decisions, a sense of analysis (discernment, pragmatism) and synthesis. You are a good communicator, both in writing and orally. You demonstrate organization, rigor, flexibility, and a strong commitment to support/build capacity of project leaders. You also have a good resilience to stress.
- Languages: English has no secrets for you! All the better, it is mandatory for this position. If you speak French, it would be a definite asset.
Please note that vaccination against Covid-19 is mandatory for this country for security and safety reasons. Compliant vaccines are those validated by the World Health Organization.
A word from the manager
« « A demanding context that offers a lifetime experience within the humanitarian sector. Very positive team dynamics focused on supporting each other and making sure that PUI makes a difference for the communities we serve to. Comfortable accommodation set up with the care of physical and mental wellbeing despite objective/external limitations. » »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Employé(e) with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 2 340,00 – 2 590,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses (“Per Diem”)
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 2, 4 and 8 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?
How to apply
How to apply ?
If you wish to apply, follow this link and fill in the form on our career site.
*Closing date: 3-Dec-22