Première Urgence Internationale
Contrat à Durée Déterminée : 9 mois
Prise de poste : 01/11/2022
Localisation: Kabul – Afghanistan
PUI aux quatre coins du monde
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Vient en aide à près de 6 millions de bénéficiaires
- Avec un budget de plus de 100 Millions € par an
- Répartis dans 24 pays, sur 5 continents
- Grâce à l’implication et l’engagement de :
- Plus de 2500 collaborateurs nationaux
- Environ 225 expatriés de 50 nationalités différentes
- Et 120 salariés au siège
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the basic needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Focus on our activities in Afghanistan
Our mission in Afghanistan has been open since 1980. PUI is developing its integrated approach in Health, Nutrition, MHPSS and Water-Hygiene-Sanitation. In addition, PUI works on a fixed-site intervention via primary health centers or first aid centers, in support of certain hospitals, or via the deployment of mobile clinics in the most remote areas. Today, the mission consists of 6 main projects, some of which are linked.
What about the WASH & Infrastructure Coordinator – Kabul ?
As WASH & Infrastructure Coordinator, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of the mission’s operational Infra/WaSH strategy as well as for the quality of current and future Infra/WaSH programmes at the design, implementation monitoring and evaluation phases. You will build the capacity of the mission’s Infra/WaSH department and provide technical support to the project teams and in particular to the Infra/WaSH Project Managers in a functional relationship. You will represent PUI to the authorities, humanitarian actors and donors for the Shelter and WaSH sector.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
- Context analysis / Strategy / Development : You will participate in the development of the operational strategy in Infra/WaSH and contribute to the design of new relevant Infra/WaSH interventions on the mission based on the identified Infra/WaSH needs in the country, and in line with PUI WaSH intervention framework, and integrating the principles of market-based programming. In coordination with the Infra/WaSH team, you will monitor Infra/WaSH activities in the country and analyse their strengths and weaknesses.
- Programmes quality: You will provide technical support in your field of expertise to the programme teams, in particular to the Infra/WaSH Programme Managers, and ensure the quality and effectiveness of the mission’s Infra/WaSH programmes.
- Representation / Coordination: You will ensure PUI’s external representation for the Shelter and WaSH sector to partners, donors, national authorities and local actors. You will represent PUI in the Shelter and WaSH Cluster or sector coordination group meetings. You will contribute to the good information sharing within the sectors.
- Human Resources / Training: You will provide technical support to the project teams and in particular to the Infra/WaSH teams. You will provide support to the project managers for the recruitment of technical staff in Infra/WaSH. Working alongside the Head of Mission (HoM) and/or the Deputy HoM for Programs and the HQ WaSH Advisor, you will identify key strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and gaps within Infra/WaSH department. You will supervise the content of Infra/WaSH training and the quality of activities on the basis of identified needs.
- Logistics and Administration: You will ensure the teams under your responsibility follow logistic and administrative procedures and keep the logistic and administrative departments informed of any relevant developments.
- Security: You will contribute to the compliance with security rules on the mission and share all information related to security to your line manager and/or to the mission’s security manager.
The challenges that await you :
The WASH department recently expanded and needs structuration and capacity building of the teams. Field visits can sometimes be difficult due to security concerns.
What you will need to succeed
- Training: You hold a University degree in civil engineering or architecture and are also trained in project management. A training in borehole construction or a degree in water related fields would be an asset.
- Experience: You have at least 2 years of experience as WASH/Infra humanitarian project manager. A previous experience at coordination level would be an asset, as would an experience in WASH in Health or in market-based approaches and cash transfer programs. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills: You master project management, network calculation and water analysis, you have good writing skills, also a good knowledge of procurement and contracts management processes. If you are familiar with procedures of institutional donors (ECHO, UNHCR) it would be appreciated.
- Qualities: You demonstrate the ability to work independently, to take the initiative and responsibility. You promote teamwork, are able to manage professionally and to handle pressure. You also have good analytical and organizational skills.
- Languages: English has no secrets for you! All the better, it is mandatory for this position. If you speak French, it would be a definite asset.
Please note that vaccination against Covid-19 is mandatory for this country for security and safety reasons. Compliant vaccines are those validated by the World Health Organization.
A word from the manager
« « A demanding context that offers a lifetime experience within the humanitarian sector. Very positive team dynamics focused on supporting each other and making sure that PUI makes a difference for the communities we serve to. Comfortable accommodation set up with the care of physical and mental wellbeing despite objective/external limitations. » »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Cadre with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 2 650,00 – 3 130,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses (“Per Diem”)
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 2, 4 and 8 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?
How to apply
Comment postuler ?
Merci de suivre ce lien et de remplir le formulaire sur notre site carrière.
*Closing date: 31-Jan-23