The purpose of this pipeline post is to identify ready to acquire talents for our Programme Development and Quality Team.
As a member of the Programme Development & Quality (PDQ) Team, the Education Specialist will be responsible for the quality design, scale up and representation of Save the Children’s Education programming (including Education in Emergencies) and to uphold and contribute to Save the Children’s mission to create a positive and lasting impact in the lives of children in need. The role holder will ensure that partners and SCI education teams have the capacity to address key education needs through ongoing technical support and guidance.
S/he will provide strategic and technical leadership for the growth and development of the education portfolio in Turkey and will be a lead on developing proposals and securing funding for Education programs in close coordination with partner organizations and the SCI team. S/he will also support ongoing advocacy and media efforts. S/he will ensure the coordination of all education activities through active participation in coordination meetings and working groups. S/He must bring a senior leadership profile with a proven track record in education and a sound technical background in programme design, quality and delivery.
Note: In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience working at a senior advisory level in education.
- Strong commitment to capacity building of national staff and partners with willingness to adopt participatory and consultative approaches.
- Substantial progressive, professional-level experience at the management level with background in early childhood education and primary education
- An ability to effectively negotiate with prospective donors and a demonstrated ability to develop and write detailed technical project proposals meeting donor requirements, including budgets for the same. Strong report writing skills,
- Ability to perform at a senior policy level must be demonstrable, and good communication, advocacy and leadership skills are critical.
- The ability to liaise and effectively coordinate with government, local NGOs and community initiatives. Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels, taking into account cultural and language difficulties.
- Fluent in English and Turkish writing and speaking skills
- High level of computer literacy
- High level of proposal writing, communications and analytical skill
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly into the field.
- Knowledge of donor financial policies and guidelines.
- Experience in promoting and mainstreaming Child Rights Based programming in education programme design, implementation and evaluation
- Preferably strong research background or experience in managing large scale research studies is highly valued
- Preferably specific experience in education in emergencies (EiE) or alternative learning programmes is highly valued
Position holder will be based in Istanbul, therefore legal right to work in Turkey is necessary at the time of application.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Save the Children is committed to create a truly inclusive, effective and representative organisational culture, encouraging equity and diversity among its employees and eliminating discrimination. Having a diverse profile of employees, different age groups, backgrounds, cultures, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientation etc., including a range of different experiences and capabilities helps us understand, represent and serve children better. Therefore all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=c2luYW4uMjc4MDUuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcmVuYW8uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t