Danish Refugee Council
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified professional to work in operations of DRC program in Central Greece as Educator- Integration Learning Center Assistant.
About the job
Under the overall management of the Urban Manager and the overall supervision and direct management of the Integration Learning Center Team Leader, the Educator/ILC Assistant will be responsible for the implementation of Education programs for youth and adults in Integration Learning Centers (ILCs) in Central Greece.
- Implementation of non-formal education activities for children, youth and adults, based on age, education background and individual needs.
- Ensure the timely opening and closing of ILCs, as per the need of the project;
- Under the guidance of the team leader, provision of information and advice to beneficiaries on the integration programs.
- Support soft-skills trainings either through direct instruction or collaboration with other education staff.
- Collaborate closely with cultural mediators to develop culturally appropriate educational activities.
- Ensure that all non-formal education activities are of high quality, follow established curricula and address beneficiaries’ needs.
- Ensure that relevant project data (attendance lists, lesson plans) is accurately, recorded, collected and updated on a daily and weekly basis, including breakdown of age and gender.
- All programme documents must be stored and filed accordingly.
- Evaluate objectively and regularly the beneficiaries’ attendance, performance and learning progress. Provide relevant feedbacks and recommendations.
- Contribute to the creation and reinforcement of existing communication channels with persons of concern throughout DRC units and support promoting engagement of the community and access to education.
- Support in communication with the beneficiaries, providing information and advice about integration, education programs and other relevant services
- Ensure administrative support of the project, including, donor reporting, data collection, completion of the communication tracker, filling of registration tools, in cooperation with the cultural mediators and the ILC assistant is performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Keep track of supplies and stationery needed for activities inside or outside the ILC. Coordinate with the ILC assistant to initiate procurements as needed.
- Ensure timely participation in Education and Integration Activities, Educational Visits and Events organized by ILCs staff, as per requested and per need of the project;
- Report any potential protection issues/risks identified in the integration facilities to the relevant staff.
- Any other educational duties as may be assigned by the Team Leader, the Urban Manager and/or Sub office Manager relevant to the achievement of DRC Greece programmatic goals.
To be successful in the role we expect you to possess the following:
- University degree in education or related filed is required
- Valid driving license is required.
- At least two years of experience in a related field.
- Excellent verbal and written Greek and English skills are required.
- Strong Computer skills is required
- Excellent verbal and written French skills will be a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of verbal and written of Arabic, Farsi, Ukrainian or Russian will be considered an advantage.
- Prior teaching experience with Greek and non-Greek speaking child, youth and adults is an asset.
- Effective classroom management skills.
- Previous working experience with local or international NGOs will be considered as a strong advantage.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- Designation of Duty Station- Location: Central Greece-Thessaly Region-Roving
- Band: I
- All allowances will be provided to the employees (Christmas, Easter, Vacation bonus)
- DRC provides training opportunities to develop and strengthen the quality of its services as well as its staff members’ professional and personal development.
How to apply
Are you interested? Then apply for this position on-line: www.drc.dk/about-drc/vacancies/currentvacancies.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
DRC provides equal opportunity in employment and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. DRC encourages all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
Closing date for applications: 11.10.2022
DRC reserves the right to close the vacancy once a suitable candidate is identified. For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.