Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
Reports to: Head of Programme Supporting the implementation of NDCs in the Caribbean – Transforming the energy and transport sectors towards a low-carbon and climate resilient future (NDC-TEC), PN 2019.9002.7-001.00.
Project Duration: October 2022-September 2027
Reports to: Head of Program Supporting the implementation of NDCs in the Caribbean
Job Type and Duration: Full-Time Employment Contract for 1 year with renewal option
Job Location: Castries, St. Lucia
Salary level: The salary level will be based on qualifications, experience & the GIZ regulations
A. Information of the programme
The program Supporting the implementation of NDCs in the Caribbean – Transforming the energy and transport sectors towards a low-carbon and climate resilient future (NDC-TEC, implementation 2022-2027) supports structural developments in six Caribbean countries (Saint Lucia, Guyana, Jamaica, Grenada, Belize and Antigua & Barbuda) that promote the uptake of e-mobility and renewable energy technologies. The activities include support of NDC monitoring and revision, capacity building of local stakeholders, improving framework conditions, pilot projects, promoting access to finance and knowledge management. For the implementation, GIZ will cooperate closely with several consortium partners such as knowledge institutions and regional organisations, as well as with governmental partner institutions in the relevant countries.
The advisor is responsible for
- managing NDC-TEC’s activities in Saint Lucia, in line with the program component’s objectives and activities and in close agreement with the Head of the Programme, including an envisaged pilot project,
- contributing to conceptual development of the NDC-TEC program,
- Engagement and management of the day-to-day cooperation with local and regional stakeholders, including Saint Lucian and regional representatives as well as consortium members and other key stakeholders to facilitate project implementation,
- innovation and knowledge management, especially related to pilots and the national framework conditions of Saint Lucia
The Electric Mobility Advisor performs the following tasks:
- Advisory of the partner institution(s) related to the adoption of electric mobility
- contributes to stocktaking and gap analysis
- provides technical support to the development of relevant strategies and systems plans
- contributes to the development and implementation of (technical) standards and strategies
- supports the development of capacities of partners in the above fields of action,
- ensures knowledge transfer of the project information to the partners
- deals with the design, preparation and implementation of activities (studies, seminars, and other activities) with the partner institutions at local level and if necessary, at a regional level.
- Guiding implementation of a pilot project (incl. procurement) on e-mobility
- guides the conceptual development of the e-mobility pilot project in close coordination with the partner(s)
- coordinates the implementation of the project pilot with the partner
- provides guidance to partners on management and administrative processes in accordance to the company regulations and procedures.
- develops and organizes quality assurance measures and suggests necessary changes, improvements and initiatives related to the implementation of a pilot project on e-mobility.
- Networking and cooperation
- develops cooperation (structures) between relevant governmental and non-governmental stakeholders (partners, local communities, relevant organisations, non-governmental agencies and individuals) in Saint Lucia; and with other projects in the region to improve and maintain good working relationships.
- encourages and maintains cooperation between different consortium partners in the implementation of the activities in/with Saint Lucia and beyond
- Liaises with relevant stakeholders in Saint Lucia, including governmental and non-governmental organizations.
- Other duties/additional tasks
- Provides technical guidance to the team members on electric mobility as well as the experiences in Saint Lucia
- contributes to external communication
- communicates local interests and efforts, forwards these and encourages sharing ideas and information for the benefit of the project/program and the organization as a whole
- The above list of tasks is not exhaustive. In the limits of the resource framework, new or different aspects may have to be taken up, either on assignment of the Head of Program or following the requirements of the incumbent’s own professionalism.
C. Required qualifications, competences, and experience
- Candidate must be a Citizen of Saint Lucia or be allowed to work in Saint Lucia.
- Master’s university degree (equivalent to MSc or MBA) in the transport and/or energy sector
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in the development and/or promotion of electric mobility
- at least 3 years of professional experience in cooperation networks and/or cooperation with political and non-political partner institutions
- previous working experience in/with international organizations is a strong asset.
- Experience in developing or implementing training courses or workshops, preferably in the field of e-mobility
- excellent analytical, organizational and stakeholder management skills; and
- experience in building networks and capacity development or sound understanding of the function of networking
Other knowledge, additional competences
- very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, email, online meeting software and the internet) and computer applications (e.g., MS Office)
- strong conceptual, organisational, and social competence, including advocacy
- ability to work in a team, as well as to think innovatively.
- willingness to travel (abroad) regularly, especially within the Caribbean region
- Fluency in English (speaking and writing); some knowledge of German would be an asset
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
How to apply
If you are interested, kindly submit your cover letter and CV and saved under the concept “Electric Mobility Advisor + your full name” in PDF to: [email protected]
Candidate’s application will be received by November 07th, 2022.
(Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact shortlisted applicants. Thank you for your understanding.)