Way of Hope to Life Organization
The Project Development/Program officer will take the lead in developing proposals for submission to institutional donors. she/he will be expected to play a leading role in researching, developing and planning fundraising projects and proposals in the different sectors on WHL thematic areas, meeting specific donor requirements and expectations.
The Project Development Officer is responsible for project writing and developing, performing thus the main following activities:
- Ensures effective formulation of new project proposals for mobilization of funding, including:
- Act as the focal point for the design and development of new projects/programmes in line with donor priorities and mission’s strategy,
- Thorough analysis and research of the country political and social environment
- Analysis and research of information on funding windows and any other potential sources, preparation of substantive briefs on possible opportunities for project finance;
- Coordination of activities and communications with all relevant stakeholders to strengthen relationships, including preparation of reports for donors and the government counterparts as required.
- Ensures effective management and implementation of Projects, including:
- Effective application of Result Based Management (RBM) tools in project management; establishment of management targets and monitoring achievement of results;
- Introduction of performance indicators/ success criteria, targets and milestones;
- Preparation and contribution to the regular reports on outputs and outcomes as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
The Project Development/program Officer should have a thorough understanding of and prior experience in Afghanistan, human rights based approach and conflict resolution. He/she will also have a background of demonstrated success in designing proposals for international, institutional donors.
Preferably an advanced university degree (masters or equivalent)
Experience in project development and project management, budget drafting, research, report writing, liaison with governments and international agencies:
Experience with project planning, scheduling and deployment of resources, and evaluation and assessment;
Strong program design skills, including capacity to prepare logical, coherent, and consistent documents including log frames and budgets.
Ability to work efficiently and effectively with project members in various locations, including remotely writing and revising proposal documents.
Ability to integrate different experiences, methodologies, and approaches from a diverse range of stakeholders, organizations, and technical experts from multiple sectors.
·Excellent English speaking/writing skills required
Terms of appointment:
The position is offered for an initial period of 1 year. 500 USD per month living allowance, coverage of all accommodation, and travel costs (1 return ticket for the contract period).