- CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
- CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
- Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
- Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
Overview of Position
- CTG is looking for qualified candidates for the below mentioned TOR.
- The Engineering Maintenance Technician is responsible for the maintenance & repair of broadcast & other Broadcast Conference Support Section (BCSS) equipment & systems deployed by the UN.
- This role reports to the line manager.
- Minimum of High School Diploma & successful graduation from a minimum of 2 years of related college or other related tertiary academic or technical qualification.
- 5 years of relevant experience working as a Broadcast / Production Maintenance Engineer.
- Must be able to read & understand electronic schematics, demonstrate knowledge of basic signal workflow & have experience with the use of bench maintenance equipment, including soldering iron, crimping tools, coax / audio / CAT5 / fibre & all other industry standard video & audio equipment.
- Experience diagnosing & repairing all broadcast related equipment.
- Experience working with tapeless broadcast systems & end to end file & other modern broadcast networked systems.
- The Engineering Maintenance Technician must have experience & / or related certification for equipment within the broadcast production, post production area, conference microphone & simultaneous interpretation equipment, network & server, CCTV, CATV / IPTV distribution, VHF & UHF radio communication, public address, infrared repeater, scheduling, digital media asset management, content management systems & broadcast automation services.
- S / He must be able to develop, adjust & maintain accurate technical drawings & documentation as required.
- The position, reports to the relevant contract owner UN officer & requires close interaction & coordination with UN personnel & s / he must be able to work successfully both supervised & unsupervised.
- This role has no team management responsability.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.