Save the Children
Save the Children International is inviting applications from suitably qualified personnel to fill the position of enumerators. Save the children is currently implementing the SPL Catch-Up Clubs (CUCs) project in 20 schools of Lilongwe. CUCs are a short-term, data-driven intervention to build foundational skills in literacy, numeracy and Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) after a crisis, during which learning is disrupted as seen with the COVID-19 pandemic which disrupted education for over 1.6 billion children, including 8 million in Malawi. Catch-Up Clubs are also beneficial beyond the COVID-19 pandemic or context as they can be implemented wherever children are either not attending school or thinking about dropping out of school. The role requires that the responsible person facilitate primary school learner assessments at community or school level, interview the learners on various socioeconomic aspects, interview the learners’ guardians and other community stakeholders, and capture the data into the project database using mobile applications.
The Enumerator is expected to perform the following specific duties:
- Conduct visits to targeted schools and communities to facilitate primary school learner reading assessment using agreed tools and protocols
- Conduct interviews with guardians of targeted learners and other community stakeholders using agreed tools and protocols
- Ensure that mobile devises used to capture assessment and interview data are fully charged on daily basis
- Maintain confidentiality of assessment and interview data and only share the data upon instruction from the designated supervisor
- Produce field report upon request, detailing areas visited and any specific issues encountered
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the designated supervisor
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
Minimum Malawi School Certificate of Education with credit in English
Professional IPTE 15 or 16 teachers certificate from reputable institution
- Previous experience in data collection at community level using mobile devices
Location: Preference will be given to candidates residing within Lilongwe, Ntcheu and Balaka districts
Contract Duration: 4 Months
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS4zMzExMS4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20