CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
Overview of position
Under the overall supervision of the Project Manager (PM) and direct supervision of the MRRM National Officer (NO) and the Team Leader(TL), the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for assisting on a wide-range of issues associated with implementation of the project related activities and other activities in the field under the Migrant Resource and Response Mechanism (MRRM) project in Bani Waleed.
1. In coordination with the supervisors, support the MRRM outreach team to provide appropriate assistance to migrants with vulnerabilities including distribution of NFI, food items and Hygiene kits.
2. Support in the organization of awareness sessions that promote and aim to disseminate the #InformedMigrant information campaign materials including organization of community events, focus group discussions and recreational activities.
3. Support in the coordination and facilitate the implementation and monitoring of relevant dissemination activities in target communities, building upon a network of local and International Non-Governmental Organisation (NGOs), and community leaders;
4. Support in the field activities reporting and send regular updates as requested by the supervisors.
5. Register and profile migrants receiving assistance during outreach activities. Regularly update database and other information management system and send regular updates to the Team Leader and Information Management Assistant as required.
6. In coordination with the supervisors, organize regular meetings with the migrants’ community leaders, and other stakeholders working on migrants assistance as required.
7. Participate in needs assessment and pre-distribution assessments as requested by the TL/NO.
8. Ensure proper utilization of standard operating procedures, manuals, guidance notes, M&E tools and methodologies in the implementation of project activities as instructed by the supervisors
9. Assist in the logistics arrangements and preparations for social/community events, workshops or meetings in the field.
10. Support the NO and MRRM communication assistant in preparing the visibility materials and collect all the photos of relevant activities, including the interest stories and quotes from the beneficiaries and other stakeholders.
11. Ensure gender mainstreaming throughout activities, addressing protection, social, environmental and other relevant cross-cutting concerns.
12. Implement field visits and activities at urban and remote locations at Bani Waleed as advised by the team leader.
13. Perform any other related responsibilities, as assigned by the supervisors.
MRRM Team leader
Bachelor Degree or equivalent in any relevant major related to the field of humanitarian assistance, public information or community-based activities (essential).
Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience in the field of humanitarian assistance, public information or community-based activities year/s of demonstrable relevant humanitarian assistance experience (essential).
- Fluent in Arabic (essential).
- Fluent in English (essential).
- Working level in French (desirable).
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
• Good knowledge of the broad range of migration related issues in Libya
• Creative and solution oriented.
• Knowledge of Microsoft office tools
Values – all IOM/CTG staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting dayto-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
How to apply
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this role.
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website as a candidate & apply for this role using this link: