The Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT
The Alliance of Bioversity International and the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) delivers research-based solutions that harness agricultural biodiversity and sustainably transform food systems to improve people’s lives. Alliance solutions address the global crises of malnutrition, climate change, biodiversity loss, and environmental degradation.
With novel partnerships, the Alliance generates evidence and mainstreams innovations to transform food systems and landscapes so that they sustain the planet, drive prosperity, and nourish people in a climate crisis.
The Alliance is part of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food-secure future.
About the position
Based at Alliance Headquarters in Rome, Italy, and under the supervision of the IT Operations and Service Desk Team Leader, the IT Operations and Service Desk Europe Coordinator will be working within the IT Operations and Service Desk (ITOSD) Unit in the Technology Integration Department and will coordinate local and regional IT related operations for the Alliance Offices in Europe. The Europe Coordinator will also support the alignment of the ITOSD services globally.
The specific tasks of the position include the following:
- Supervise Technicians working within the IT Operations and Service Desk Unit in Europe
- Apply standard IT Operations and Service Desk operating procedures
- Support redaction/review of documentation for clients as well as for internal procedure
- Ensure local resolution of requests for support by prioritizing and assigning calls to local ITOSD staff (SLAA)
- Provide support to regional offices staff with remote assistance tools where applicable
- Ensure consistency and accuracy of the user object in the Active Directory and Exchange services including creating and maintaining user accounts, e-mails, local distribution lists, and security for local and regional users
- Provide and coordinate IT support to guests, meetings and conferences, with an outlook for improvement based on new technologies, modalities, and requirements
- Clone/Install/Configure/Maintain/Troubleshoot client hardware/software and follow procedures to maintain end-point best performances
- Coordinate the Europe Region hardware/software lifecycle, from inventory review to replacement execution and forecast
- Liaise with external technical providers
- Perform any other related tasks as required and assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related fields
- Sound knowledge of computer information systems including operating systems, hardware, applications software packages, and other office technology equipment
- Strong client orientation and service approach
- Well-developed skills in personal organization, priority setting and problem-solving
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively with other national and cultural backgrounds
- Flexibility and adaptability to work under tight deadlines
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Previous relevant work experience, preferably in an international organization
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence within assigned areas
- ITIL certification
- Relevant technical certifications
Terms of employment
This is a locally recruited position and will be based in Rome, Italy. All benefits are denominated and paid in Euro. The salary is level BG06, on a scale of 14 levels, with level BG14 being the highest. The salary range starts from Euro 38,810 per annum. The remuneration package includes a competitive salary, leave provisions, medical and life insurance, and a non-contributory retirement plan. The contract will be for a period of 2 years, subject to a probationary period of 6 months, and is renewable based on performance and availability of funds. Please note this position is only open to citizens and residents of the European Union.
How to apply
Please apply online through the website (https://alliancebioversityciat.org/careers) not later than 23rd September 2022, attaching a cover letter illustrating your suitability for the above position against the listed qualifications, competencies, and skills together with a detailed curriculum vitae, including names and contact information of three referees knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. Both documents in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for applications: 23rd September 2022
Please note that email applications will not be considered
We invite you to learn more about us at:http://alliancebioversityciat.org
Closing date: 9/23/2022