Rainforest Foundation Norway
We are now looking for a versatile and experienced fundraiser who will help develop strategic dialogues and partnerships with institutional donors to save the remaining large rainforests and protect the rights of indigenous peoples.
If we are to succeed in solving the climate and nature crisis, the world’s rainforests must be protected, now. Founded in 1989 in response to pop star Sting and Chief Raoni’s urgent call for global attention and solidarity with the plight of the Indigenous peoples and the rainforests, Rainforest Foundation Norway (RFN) is one of the world’s leading organizations in the field of rights-based rainforest protection. RFN works at the forefront of the battle for keeping the climate within +1.5C, halting biodiversity loss and protecting the human rights of indigenous peoples and local communities (IPLCs) in 6 countries concentrating the largest share of intact rainforests and globally.
At a time where a growing global political consensus acknowledges the role of IPLCs as the most efficient stewards of their rainforests, there is an exciting opportunity for an experienced fundraiser to make a big difference by helping to secure the support of leading philanthropic and bilateral aid institutions towards RFN’s growing rights-based rainforest protection work globally and in the 6 rainforest countries across the Amazon, the Congo basin and Southeast Asia.
The I&P Fundraising Adviser will join a passionate, ambitious and skilled Institutions & Philanthropy team which is responsible for increasing funding for RFN and for the management of strategic relations with philanthropic and institutional donors, both in Norway and internationally.
Reporting directly to the Head of the Fundraising department, the I&P Fundraising Adviser will help cultivate and manage targeted donor dialogues and orchestrate proposal development, from concept to writing, in close coordination with all the relevant teams.
The I&P Fundraising Adviser’s plays a key role in
Cultivating and growing strategic dialogues with allies, philanthropic foundations and bilateral aid agencies
• Cultivates relationships with targeted donors, identifies their needs, coordinates with relevant units to ensure organizational alignment to donor engagement.
• Is the main focal point for RFN’s Alliance and Advocacy and Southeast Asia teams, creating well targeted funding opportunities answering their needs.
• Is responsible for packaging RFN results and program related information into compelling narratives for donors and impact stories.
• Is responsible for coordinating RFN’s donor advocacy work at defined strategic international events as well as donor visits or field trips, in close collaboration with relevant teams.
• Is a key point person for strategic fundraising-driven alliances such as the Rainforest Foundations of the US, UK and Norway.
• Is responsible for the development of enabling tools- and pitch material for the I&P unit as well as targeted donor mapping and profiling.
• Keeps abreast of- and updates relevant teams funding trends and monitors funding calls.
Writing and driving defined proposal development processes
• Supports or, for select philanthropic foundations, leads proposal development processes: both through writing and playing a key role in facilitating the collaborative development of concepts & proposals.
• Supports donor reporting processes. Contributes to these processes with writing and the development of tools to systematize and organize key messages for funding applications and proposals.
Key interfaces (for collaboration and communication)
The I&P Advisor:
• Works closely with the designated Fundraising Advisors across International Teams and supports teams as needed, in their duties relating to fundraising and proposal development.
• Works closely with the Grants Manager, Institutional Donors on all aspects relating to RFN donors, reporting and proposal development.
• Works closely and coordinates as needed with other Strategy & Results team members on aspects relating to monitoring, reporting, evaluation and learning.
• Works closely with designated staff as part of drafting proposal teams, advising- managing- or in defined cases, leading the proposal development process, procuring the relevant expertise, knowledge, ensuring the timely and quality delivery of the proposal.
• Works and coordinates closely with the Markets and Communications teams on all aspects relating to narratives, donor advocacy or impact communications.
Desired personal qualities
• Demonstrated ability to build professional relations and networks with new prospective donors. Existing networks among foundations and bilateral agencies are a strong asset.
• Very good collaboration skills, including in multicultural- multidisciplinary teams.
• Excellent communications skills and ability to gain acceptance and guide organization-wide collaboration efforts.
• Analytical, conscientious and structured, able to quickly zoom in on pertinent information, with strong planning and administrative/management skills.
• Manages competing priorities with an eye towards getting things done.
• Pro-active, initiative taker and innovative thinker with a willingness to learn.
• Advance knowledge and expertise of the international development and funding landscape.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a humanitarian/development or international organization and/or a donor agency or foundation, either at Head Office/capital or field/embassy level.
• Proven experience of successful, large-size proposal development with institutional donors (philanthropic foundations, bilateral or multilateral development agencies, UN or similar).
• Fluency (oral and written) in English. Knowledge of any of the following languages is a plus: Norwegian, Spanish, Portuguese, French and/or Bahasa.
• Relevant higher education. All formal education can be compensated by relevant experience.
For questions about the position, please contact Head of Fundraising, Nicolas Delaunay: [email protected] or (+47) 457 39 480
How to apply
Apply for the position via our career site: https://karriere.regnskogfondet.no/jobs/2056648-exciting-position-as-institutions-philanthropy-fundraising-adviser
Application deadline: 28th October
Closing date: 10/28/2022