MSF - Holland
Place in the organisation
This role reports to the Head of the ICT Department and oversees and coordinates a team of 7 people.
The role is in regular contact with internal stakeholders across MSF-Netherlands and OCA field missions on analyzing needs and opportunities for improvement in ICT and support, implementing necessary changes, including ways of working, systems and processes and leading regular meetings with all relevant stakeholders in the organization (Field Support Unit, Logistics Coordinators, Information Security Officer, Information Management, and coordinating efforts and approaches). And with external stakeholders with Field ICT in other OCs, vendors and Shared IT Service Centre
Due to the close interaction with internal departments this role is based in Amsterdam.
Objectives of the position
Under the leadership of the Head of ICT, the Field ICT Coordinator oversees a portfolio for ICT-support, specific to our field locations, in approximately 30 countries worldwide.
He/She will structure the support and the operational needs towards the missions and ensure a high-quality delivery with a strong understanding of field reality. While managing a team of 7 people, this role calls for a leader who owns the overall responsibility around Field ICT Support, and who is passionate to grow and improve the quality, services, tools and level of support.
A day in the life of a Field ICT Coordinator
As the Field ICT Coordinator, there’s never a dull moment and every day must come with a planned buffer for unexpected situations, every working day will be different: One day you might spend coming in and out of meetings about projects, incidents, updates, ICT Department and different working groups within the organization. The next day you may be working on a presentation to internal or external stakeholders and that afternoon reviewing policy documents or its implementation. The other day you are coaching and supporting the team with a problem in a mission, and a colleague from operations is calling you to support an evacuation. The next day you have to prepare and chair Intersectional meetings, receive request from a LogCo regarding a situation in the mission, while keeping track of team members trips and wellbeing. The other day attending meetings about updates from the operations and missions where most times advise is requested, meetings with third parties and suppliers, participating in Field ICT Staff recruitments, reviewing technical documentation, ToRs, project documentation.
- Coordinate a team of ICT Field Advisors (x4) and Flying ICT Officers (x3) who provide second line support to our first line Field ICT Officers located in the missions;
- Prioritize the Field ICT Advisor’s workload for support and/or projects;
- Coordinate the Flying ICT Officers’ support;
- Align with the ICT Support Operations Coordinator & the ICT Business Application Coordinator;
- Guide the Field ICT Advisors in their functional management of the Field ICT officers;
- Oversee and prioritize the field visits in cooperation with Operations and other departments;
- Promote a vision of field ICT expertise and grow the team in knowledge and skills;
- Examine potential improvement areas and raise proposals with the Head of ICT;
- Contribute to the development of our Field ICT knowledge base and improvement of our best practices;
- Manage and own the processes and procedures or develop them where there are gaps;
- Manage the interaction with internal ICT and Logistics teams and external 3rd party vendors to troubleshoot and resolve complex problems;
- Promote technical leadership and provide coaching to the team;
- Represent OCA Field ICT Advisors in respect of international dossiers;
- Lead and advise your team in acting as a technical resource for internal and external projects;
- Design or advise on appropriate metrics for reporting on KPIs and quality indicators;
- Initiate change and maintain an integral and coherent policy for field ICT while developing guidelines, and protocols to support it;
- Assist in the recruitment of Field ICT officers when necessary;
- Guide and facilitate the training of Field ICT officers and logisticians and the development of ICT knowledge transfer material;
- Maintain contact with the field through field visits for technical and/or emergency assignments;
- Maintain good working relationships with MSF departments, vendors and hosting providers;
- Identify relevant training or design, prepare and steer training relating to the identified gaps in the team.
- At least 5 -10 years of experience in hands-on field IT support;
- 3+ years of experience in team line management;
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field;
- Fluent in the English language, written and spoken a must;
- You have knowledge and experience of the following technical areas:
- Active Directory
- Exchange 365
- Network Administration
- Smartphone Devices
- Fortinet Equipment knowledge is preferred
- Mature and self-motivated professional, able to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment;
- Ability to engage with internal and external senior stakeholders, gain their confidence and drive initiatives;
- Strong interpersonal skills and a mature approach to mentoring and coaching;
- Strong capacity to manage expectations while maintaining quality and achieving results;
- Capacity to lead by example and develop strong personnel performance goals.
- Experience within MSF or another humanitarian organizations;
- Experience with Virtualization, PowerShell;
- Fluency in the French language.
How to apply
If you recognise yourself in this profile, we welcome you to apply directly via our website and upload a letter of motivation + Curriculum Vitae (in English) as one combined document.
The closing date for applications is 02 October 2022 at 23:59 CET.
Selection will be by means of two interview rounds and a technical test/case study. A personality assessment may be part of the process.
Closing date: 10/2/2022