Red Cross of Luxembourg
The mission of the Luxembourg Red Cross is to improve the living conditions of vulnerable people. Our thousands of volunteers and our 2900 professionals make us a major player in the fields of Health, Social, Youth and Humanitarian services.
If you want to put your skills and commitment at the service of an organization playing a key role in health and solidarity in Luxembourg and active internationally, join us. We offer interesting opportunities for personal and professional development in a dynamic and rewarding work environment.
Finance and Administration Manager in Kiev (Ukraine) (M/F/D)
For the projects of the International Aid of the Luxembourg Red Cross A.S.B.L.(AICRL) in Ukraine on an 18 month fixed term contract – renewable, to start as soon as possible.
The position is based in Kiev and Dnipro, and includes, depending on the needs and the security situation, occasional trips to the intervention sites of the projects in Zaporijjia and Mykolavska.
The project concern the rehabilitation of schools and the support to the displaced and host populations mainly around the shelter and education sectors.
The admin-finance manager is responsible for the financial management of the various projects of the mission and contributes to the accounting management of the mission, while being responsible for the administrative and HR follow-up.
Under the responsibility of the Head of Mission in Ukraine and the operational, administrative and financial managers in Luxembourg:
- To be responsible for the financial management of the mission and to ensure the proper use of the funds made available
- Ensure the administrative management
- Set up the procedures and tools necessary for the proper functioning of the mission
- Ensure the training of staff in administrative and accounting procedures
- In collaboration with the Ukrainian Red Cross, ensure the recruitment and management of local human resources
- Education: At least Master’s degree with a specialization in finance management/accounting
- Experience: At least 5 years of experience in the field of finance of which at least 3 in the humanitarian sector. Any experience in managing EU co-funded projects is a strong asset.
- Languages: Excellent oral and written English and good knowledge of Ukrainian/Russian. Strong writing skills are expected.
- IT skills: Excellent computer skills, especially Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Experience in financial administration of humanitarian projects
- Knowledge of the specificities of the DG Echo donor
- Professional experience within the Red Cross Movement is an asset
- Experience in Eastern Europe or at least an understanding of the local culture
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Data synthesis and report writing skills
- Ability to work in and lead a team
- Ability to plan, organize work and follow rules and procedures
- Ability to participate in field missions
- Understanding of the provisions of working in an area with volatile security and willingness to comply with safety instructions
Context of the position
The activities of the AICRL in Ukraine
LRC has been operating in Ukraine since 1992 and increase the response during the crises in 2014. Since 2015, LRC has an office in eastern Ukraine in Donetsk oblast, where we are implementing emergency and development actions with the aim of improving quality of life, promoting rights of vulnerable individuals, and to strengthening health infrastructures.
LRC’s current portfolio adopts an integrated and multi-sectoral approach which includes interventions centered on Shelter, WASH and Health. The operational context in Ukraine today is considered largely humanitarian/emergency while phasing in resilience programming.
The Luxembourg Red Cross is supporting the organizational development of URCS (at the headquarters and branch levels) in terms of logistics, communication and relief capacities, especially with regard to emergency shelters.
Our goal is to provide effective humanitarian assistance to people in need in Ukraine. LRC will continue to implement rehabilitation programs and distribute essential humanitarian items (food, health, hygiene and shelter) in the affected areas of the country, specifically in Kyiv, Sumy, Dnipro, Zaporijjia, Mykolavska, Luhansk and Donetsk regions, in coordination with URCS and ICRC.
Under the responsibility of the Head of Mission, you contribute within the country where you will be based to the implementation of the mandate and the strategy. You will have a role providing overall leadership of the program development.
The security context in Ukraine
The security situation in Ukraine is complex and volatile, which has a daily impact on the needs of humanitarian actors and their ability to access the field.
The Green-Response strategy
In order to protect the environment of our beneficiaries and to contribute to a positive peace, the AICRL is multiplying its climate mitigation approaches within its projects. Green Response is a Red Cross and Red Crescent Society’s own mechanism to mitigate the environmental footprint of its humanitarian projects. It also requires an evolution towards more eco-responsible and sustainable logistics.
What we offer
- An interesting and diversified job, on dynamic and varied projects in a challenging environment;
- Prospects of extension and career development according to the performance and investment of the employee;
- An attractive salary based on the candidate’s experience;
- Accommodation in a comfortable guesthouse within walking distance of the office;
- A place in a dynamic multicultural team and work in collaboration with colleagues from the national CR movement and local companies on our projects.
How to apply
Please apply on our recruitment website : https://jobs.mpleo.net/fr/clr/2927