Sightsavers implements projects in over 30 countries in Africa and South Asia working to eliminate avoidable blindness and promote the rights of people with disabilities. We are looking for a Finance and Support Services Manager to work closely within the finance team and with project/programme teams to monitor the country resource management and identify and mitigate risk.
Title: Finance and Support Services Manager
Location: Sierra Leone
Contract: 2 year fixed term contract
Salary: Local Terms and Conditions apply
About the role
We are looking for an experienced financial professional to ensure competent financial management and risk mitigation for all Sightsavers activities within the Country Office including collaborating with programme teams to review programme/project reports, planning and analysis.
Finance and Support Services Manager. Key duties will include:
- Ensure competent financial management and risk mitigation by ensuring compliance with local regulations and adhering to the organisational Financial Framework
- Management of logistics of procurement of supplies and administrative functions i.e. payroll
- Work collaboratively with programme and finance teams to support and strengthen the financial management, accountability and capacity building of partners.
- Support finance and programme teams with joint review of programme/project reports, planning and analysis
- Support proper financial and resource management of programmes with the joint review of project planning and monitoring reports, auditing of funds provided, analysis of programme delivery and grant management reporting.
- Responsible for Finance & Support Services Officers and Administrative Officer
As the successful candidate you will demonstrate substantial experience within a similar role, ideally within an INGO environment with audit, financial management and programme/project management experience.
- Relevant professional accounting qualification or degree (MBA) in Finance/Accounting.
- Financial management experience
- Programme/project management and administration experience
- Project financial management, budget, and data analysis skills
- Experience within grant management including EC, FCDO (DFID), Irish Aid and USAID
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work within a diverse team
This is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills. Please see the HP2Ww?e=9De4vn" rel="noreferrer noopener" target="_blank">Job Description for full details.
We anticipate that interviews will take place from 5 December onwards and the evaluation process will include a two-stage interview and a role specific task.
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Sightsavers is an employer that does not tolerate any form of harassment and has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse. All potential candidates will be subjected to rigorous background checks and controls.
How to apply
To apply for this exciting new opportunity, please complete an application via our recruitment portal. We are particularly interested in learning of your motivations for applying. Please use the application link here https://isw.changeworknow.co.uk/sightsavers/vms/e/sightsavers/positions/cknT260tvitOBrNXfCb96W