Save the Children
Finance Assistant – Treasury (Syria Response Office)
The role holder is responsible for cash management in Syria office, and handle incoming and outgoing financial transaction, this includes keeping approved documentation (Receipts, Bank transactions, Vouchers, Petty Cash transactions, etc…), recording transactions according to SC guidelines, assist in producing monthly reports, and assuring adequate cash on hand.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Finance Officer
Staff reporting to this post: None
Direct: as per country organisation
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
– As a member of Finance Team, contribute to:
* Review all invoices before payment in accordance with SC procedures and
Ensure proper supporting documentation before payment.
* Provide cash advances to program and admin staff and settle procurement, training and travel expenses to clear these advances.
* Ensure proper budget coding and coordinate related approvals and deliver all payments on timely basis.
* Enter all transactions in FMS- Agresso on daily basis.
* Keep the confidentially of financial information including budget, bank balance and cash.
* Manage bank account and petty cash and ensure the balances is accurate.
* Assist with preparation of monthly bank and petty cash reconciliations.
* Maintain finance documents in an orderly and secure manner.
* Participate in donor and SCI audits and ensure that all documents are provided to auditors in a timely manner.
* Assist in preparation of monthly salary payroll for SC staff, salary charging sheet including tax and social insurance.
* Review and ensure financial support documents reflect the reported amounts in financial report.
* Issue and track partner’s payments.
* Undertake any other duty as requested by the Line Manager
BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice):
* Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, and achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
* Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
* Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
* Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
* Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale
* Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members, external partners and supporters
* Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
* Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
* Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
* Willing to take disciplined risks
* Honest, encourages openness and transparency
* College graduates in accounting or any other similar discipline.
* 0-2 years of relevant work experience.
* Good sense of responsibility.
* Excellent organizational & communications skills
* Good proficiency in spoken and written English
* Good computer skills especially in spreadsheet & data analysis (excel & access) and familiarity with accounting software is preferred.
* Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours, and work with incoming teams in the event of major emergencies
* Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
We encourage qualified women and persons with disabilities to apply.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS40OTY0OC4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20