Save the Children
THE ROLE: Partnership Manager
Save the Children is recruiting for an experienced Partnership Manager that will establish, develop and maintain Partnership function with Save the Children’s programme in Sierra Leone.
As the partnership focal point for the Country Office, you will be responsible to ensure that our knowledge of local actors is up to date; that partner learning and development is “owned” through the completion and monitoring of capacity strengthening plans; that partner inductions and kick off meetings take place; that pre-existing SOP for the review and approval of partner reports is followed; that partner monitoring and compliance visits has strong oversight; and that feedback is regularly exchanged with the partner.
S/he will work across departments to establish systems and approaches for identifying, pursuing and maintaining effective partnerships that contribute to Save the Children’s strategic direction and support reaching breakthroughs for children in Sierra Leone
- Master’s Degree in social sciences, or any relevant field. Extensive and substantive relevant practical experience may be considered in lieu of a Master’s Degree
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Passion for leveraging partnerships for strategic achievement of organizational goals, mutually beneficial relationships, strengthening civil society/government/etc.
- Degree on relevant subject or equivalent field experience
- 5 years’ experience working with a humanitarian/development organisation
- Demonstrable competence in financial planning and budget expenditure monitoring
- Good understanding of donor compliance; knowledge of Save the Children reporting mechanisms and requirements a plus
- Demonstrated monitoring and evaluation skills
- Proven capacity to deliver training and coach staff
- Strong representational and organisational skills
- Ability to work calmly under pressure in a rapidly changing context
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly into the field
- Ability to analyse information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of the Grand Bargain and Localisation Agenda
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of any emergencies
- Training, capacity building, coaching, and mentoring skills
- Experience of working with participatory methodologies (involving children).
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
Fluency in English, both verbal and written
Commitment to Save the Children International’s values
CONTRACT LENGTH: 12 Months
Closing Date: 25th April, 2022
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Applicants are advised that
Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process and we maintain zero tolerance to dual employment. Any request in this direction should be immediately
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
Candidates should apply through the links that will be provided by Careers.sl.
Applicants should attach a copy of a valid Labour Card to their applications
Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document and include your current remuneration and salary expectations for this role.
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS4xMzIxNC4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20