Save the Children
The Role: Financial Accountant
Save the Children is recruiting for an experienced Financial Accountant that will support the coordination office Finance team with the financial operation function that will enable the team to deliver efficient and compliant financial management support to the entire country program.
The Financial Accountant role is primary aim to ensure that disbursements made to partners, suppliers and staffs are initiated by an appropriate source document and authorized and approved by Budget Holders within the Scheme of Delegation. The postholder will checks and ascertain the accuracy and validity of documents against SCI policies and procedures that expenditures incurred are allowable, allocable and reasonable; ensure that withholding tax and other statutory deductions are deducted from suppliers; ensure all payments are processed as per SCI financial guidelines, regulations and internal financial controls relating to disbursements in an efficient and effective manner.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Recommended a minimum of 7 years management experience in a corporate or an NGO environment, of which four years at a senior management level within the finance department of a national or international organization
- Bachelor Degree from recognized University in Accounting or Finance; CPA or equivalent degree (CA, ACMA, ACCA) is an advantageous
- Relevant work experience in related field
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literate (i.e. WORD, advanced Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer, financial systems such as AGRESSO
- Knowledge of local laws of the country developed, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
- Patient, adaptable, flexible, able to improvise and remain responsive and communicate clearly and effectively under pressure
- Good in English, both verbal and written, preferred
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Patient, adaptable, flexible, able to improvise and remain responsive and communicate clearly
- Teams, in the event of emergencies
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
CONTRACT LENGTH: 12 Months
Closing date: 29th September, 2022
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Applicants are advised that
Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process and we maintain zero tolerance to dual employment. Any request in this direction should be immediately
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations for this role.
- Candidates should apply through the link that will be provided on Taleo System.
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS44NTM3MS4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20