Save the Children
THE ROLE: Senior MEAL Manager
Save the Children is recruiting a Senior MEAL Managers to be based at the Coordination Office that will provide technical support to the Sierra Leone MEAL Team. This position will closely support the Head of MEAL. This position will work with both the Country Office and the Field Offices to ensure quality MEAL system design and implementation; evaluations and researches; MEAL budgeting; recruitment as well as support proposal writing and log frame development at national level. The post holder will support capacity building of staff and partners and ready to fill in gaps in the MEAL structure at all levels.
The Senior MEAL Manager will work across sector programs to ensure that MEAL is fully integrated into implementation. The post holder will support the Country Office to deliver on MEAL responsibilities to the Region and SCI Global.
The Senior MEAL Manager will support the implementation of accountability procedures including community feedback and response mechanisms for both development and humanitarian programs, Support compliance and assessment of quality benchmark. build capacities of staff and partners in promoting accountability and participation in Country Office s. S/he will support Awards, Finance, PDQ/TAs, Internal controls, Advocacy and Operations to review and implement a compliance strategy towards donor commitments, especially in project start-ups, implementation, documentation, progress reporting and phase-outs. S/he will assume day to day support for MEAL tasks for quality evidence-based programming.
S/he will provide MEAL supportive supervision in on-going project implementation. The Senior MEAL Manager will be highly involved in project and MEAL planning and reviews, provide support on implementation of required MEAL actions, monitoring and evaluation processes ensuring high level of child participation in these processes in operational area. S/he will guide SC and Partner teams in tracking outcome of projects which includes but not limited to documenting success stories/ case studies in line with project activities and expected outcomes. S/he will provide quality assurance for data and information (including progress reports) generated from their Country Office***.***
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
- A degree level in Social Science – Statistics, Economics or equivalent field experience.
- Recommended a minimum of six years management and/or MEAL experience in both emergency and development contexts, preferably with solid experience in more than two of the Save the Children priority sectors: education, protection, rights governance, HIV/AIDs, health and nutrition, and emergencies
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrated strong monitoring and evaluation skills, including planning, participating in and critically reviewing evaluations.
- Proficiency in computer skills, especially ability to work with MS Word, MS Excel, Power Point, data collection/ management and analysis software etc in support of T4D
- Ability to think and analyze issues and data critically
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner
- Ability to assess capacity gap and provide relevant trainings.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets
- Experience in writing clear assessments and reports
- Excellent communication skills.
- A high level of written and spoken English.
- A high level of qualitative and quantitative data analysis competency
- Good interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Proven capacity to train and coach staff.
- Strong knowledge in Rights based programming.
- Experience working in a handson implementation capacity.
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
- Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children.
- Experience working with SCI on MEAL is highly desirable
- Female applicants are encourage to apply.
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, sensitivity and diplomacy.
- High cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in
CONTRACT LENGTH: 12 Months
Closing Date: 22nd September, 2022
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Applicants are advised that
Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process and we maintain zero tolerance to dual employment. Any request in this direction should be immediately
Please apply in English using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document including details of your current remuneration and salary expectations for this role.
Candidates should apply through the links that will be provided by Careers.sl.
Applicants should attach a copy of a valid Labour Card to their applications
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS4wNjA0Mi4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20