OPEN END | CDI | ASAP
Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
Composed of 120 staff, ACTED’s headquarters are located in Paris to support and mainstream the organization’s interventions worldwide.
You will be in charge of
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer is responsible for the development and the implementation of appropriate and viable monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning systems that are in line with the ACTED’s global MEAL procedures, and contributing to ensuring that ACTED’s projects and programs perform as planned.
Implementation and Management of MEAL Systems
- Contribute to the development and updating of the MEAL country strategy, consolidation of the MEAL work plan and MEAL framework for all ongoing projects;
- Ensure that MEAL observations/conclusions are taken into account and recommendations are incorporated into future concept notes, project proposals, and implementation plans;
- Implement MEAL policies and procedures as outlined in ACTED’s standard MEAL technical guides and ensure that tools are used as recommended;
- Contribute to the effective deployment of MEAL collection and reporting systems for all staff and partners through trainings, site visits, manuals, and as many technical supports as needed.
Technical Systems Development
- Develop terms of reference and mission plans and conduct surveys, monitoring and evaluations;
- Develop analytical tools, methodology and data/information dissemination/use plans;
- Closely supervise data collection and ensure that data collection teams are organized and documented as necessary;
- Ensure that data collected is securely stored in databases;
- Measure and report qualitative and quantitative data on processes, outcomes, deliverables, impact, target and performance indicators for all projects;
- Provide data to Project Development teams for use in reporting;
- Contribute to donor project proposals and funding efforts.
- Contribute to the proactive dissemination and use of knowledge gained through MEAL activities to Project Managers, Technical Coordinators, and Project Development Managers and Officers;
- Contribute to organizing and facilitating training sessions to capture best practices and lessons learned.
Contribute to the Beneficiary Complaint Response Mechanism (CRM)
- Contribute to the implementation of the Beneficiary Complaint Response Mechanism (CRM) in line with ACTED’s standard CRM procedures;
- Oversee proper management of the central CRM database;
- Work on the understanding and ability of ACTED teams, partners and contractors to rely on beneficiary accountability and CRM procedures.
- Participate in conferences and workshops related to MEAL when possible and keep up to date on best practices and new knowledge in the MEAL sector;
- Perform any other related activity as assigned by the direct manager.
Expected skills and qualifications
- University Degree in Political Sciences, Public Administration, International Affairs, Economics or a related field (anthropology, sociology, statistics);
- At least 1-2 years of professional experience in humanitarian and/or development organisations;
- Experience with participatory appraisals and project cycle management encouraged;
- Good organizational and communication skills with international and national staff and rural communities;
- Flexibility and adaptability are essential, as well as the ability to plan, take initiative and work independently and under pressure;
- Excellent communication and drafting skills in English;
- Knowledge of the region an asset;
- Familiarity with basic office software programs.
- Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid depending on education level, expertise – between 2100e and 2300e net per month
- Affiliation to health inssurance
- Food allowance on working days
- 50% of Navigo pass taken in charge
How to apply
Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email ([email protected]) including the reference: MEALO/HQ
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.
Closing date: 3 Feb 2023