BRAC is a global leader developing and implementing cost-effective, evidence-based programs to empower the most marginalized in extremely poor, conflict-affected, and post-conflict states. Founded in Bangladesh in 1972, BRAC now works in more than 20 countries in Asia and Africa and takes a holistic approach to alleviate poverty, running programs in education, healthcare, microfinance, women and girls’ empowerment, agriculture and food security, and human and legal rights. Together, the initiative will result in systemic change that creates a positive and measurable impact for 1.2 million adolescent girls and young women, 1.9 million households and 9.5 million people in 7 countries in Africa by 2027.
In 2022, the Mastercard Foundation in partnership with BRAC International (BI) will be announcing an initiative that will create positive and measurable impact for 1.2 million adolescent girls and young women and 9.5 million people across seven countries in East and West Africa, including Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, and Uganda.
There is mounting urgency to support adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) living in poverty, which has been further amplified by the global pandemic. Through this partnership, scalable economic development approaches will be delivered in communities to foster the agency and voice of AGYW. They will have the opportunity to fulfill their aspirations, achieve sustainable livelihoods, and engagein advocacy issues.
BRAC International will implement an integrated and holistic model to address the various life cycles of a young woman living in poverty, ensuring she is able to transition safely from adolescence to adulthood. She will be equipped with the appropriate skills, tools, and access to finance to effectively exercise her agency and build a fulfilling and productive livelihood. In preparation for the launch of the programme, BRAC International is seeking applications from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill the following position.
No. of Vacancies: (01)
Job Title : Fundraising & Partnership Manager
Tenure : 1 year (Renewable)
Salary : Negotiable
Reports to : Country Director
Duty Station : Monrovia, Liberia Country Office
Safeguarding Job Responsibilities
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve BRAC’s goals on safeguarding.
- Act as a resource of support and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote, and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage other to do so.
The role will be to head the Resource Mobilization and Fundraising of BRAC in Liberia, positioning BRAC for high-value grants and contracts across to support BRAC Social Development Projects in BRAC Liberia. He/she will lead in identifying opportunities and following them through to contract negotiation. The Fundraising role will lead to creating opportunities for donor engagement, consortium development, and partnership management, ensuring consistency with BRAC Liberia Program Strategy.
The Fund Raising Manager will be responsible for ensuring high-quality, competitive grant proposals in Liberia. Key responsibilities of this role will be
i) Strategic partnerships,
ii) Proposal Development
iii) Working with the Senior Manager for Business Development and the Head of Program Development for BI in ensuring BRAC Liberia is well resourced with multi-year sustainable funding to resource the strategy;
iv) Support Programs team on gap analysis and needs identification and package concept papers and proposals for raising funds;
v) From time to time and when need arise, lead in updating the Program Strategy and Fundraising Strategies of BRAC Liberia so as to be aligned with the BRAC’s Global Strategy.
Key Duties/Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Working with the Country Director, lead the development, coordination and management of BRAC Liberia’s strategic partnerships, with stakeholders such as donors and development agencies
- Creatively provide a platform for engaging potential donors and ensure BRAC Liberia is well marketed among donors and partners as a credible development partner for purposes of securing funding for projects.
- Collaborate with the community of practice at wider BRAC International and at the Africa Regional Office, BRAC International, and its Affiliates to ensure alignments with BRAC’s invest strategy in the most relevant, strategic, and likely to win opportunities;
- Explore and identify funding opportunities at the national and international level
Fundraising and Proposal Development:
- Gather intelligence and information for new funding opportunities through donor website and donor engagement meetings Review the opportunities through the established standard operating procedures to establish alignment with the program priorities.
- Lead on strengthening needs identification, concept and proposal development capacity across among program and Fundraising staff in BRAC Liberia;
- With support from Country Representative, lead in pro-active engagement with key stakeholders, including government, private sector, and donors, on resource mobilization.
- Lead in review and strengthening of the Country Fund Raising Strategy, specifically ensuring BRAC in Tanzania has a clear donor map for purposes of understanding of the donor landscape, including donors, stakeholders, INGOs, and programs that work in BRAC’s thematic areas
- Lead in the proposal development process, including design, writing, submission, as well as strategic pre-positioning and post-submission negotiations; Work collaboratively with BRAC International focal persons at HQ and Africa Region to manage existing tools and develop others to ensure high-quality business development practices in BRAC Tanzania Programs;
- Ensure that all proposals are approved through BI’s Programme Development Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Research and Maintain detailed information about all BRAC’s current and potential donors including their funding priorities, history with the organization, proposal documents, milestones, and upcoming deadlines to support the organization‘s overall strategy
- Access, organize and synthesize information to create accurate and well-written documents. Maintain a current database of donors and partners for easy access when the need arises.
- Prepare and submit standard monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and other supporting documents to the supervisor
Program review and learning:
- Analyze unsuccessful & successful proposals, and documentation and share them with relevant authorities for future development
- Provide regular management information to support the decision and track progress.
- Maintain a database of funding situation, donor feedback refusals; in collaboration with BI HO and affiliates.
- KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPIs)
- Annual grants portfolio growth of at least US $5 million/year.
- Proposal win rate and donor retention rate of above 75% for both cases
- RELATIONSHIP TO OTHER ROLES:
Within the Programme or Department (position names):
• Working closely with all Programs and Projects Managers
Programs & Departments (operational):
• Programs staff for both Social Development and Microfinance Programs
Outside the Programme or Department (Programme & position names):
• Working with support functions which include HR, Communications, and Admin and Logistics,
• Working with the Country Director and other key stakeholders like Partners and donors.
Require Knowledge and Skills:
- 5 years plus experience in Fundraising and proposal writing
- Experience with a renowned non-governmental organization writing proposal, partnership establishment, and maintenance.
- Candidate should poses networking, collaboration, and negotiation skills
- Candidate should pose a strong analytical, communication and report writing skills (written and spoken)
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Understand donor requirements
- Knowledge of BRAC, its history, programs, and culture is desirable.
- Presentation skills.
- Bachelor degree in social science, administration, Business Development, project management, and related fields
- Master degree in Business administration, Development studies, project planning, project planning, or related field of studies is an added advantage.
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore, our hiring process includes extensive background checks and criminal record disclosure. BRAC is an equal opportunities employer.
All qualified and interested applicants can submit a cover letter with their CVs to three referees, one of which should be your current or most recent employer/line manager, along with a copy of your educational qualification. Applications should be submitted by email to: bimcf[email protected], with the position title on the subject line. DEADLINE: September 20, 2022
Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply!
How to apply
Applications should be submitted by email to: [email protected]
Closing date: 9/20/2022